slight scare - screen wouldn't turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by turtlebud, Sep 17, 2008.

1. turtlebud macrumors 6502a

i had a slight scare this morning when my 2G iPod touch screen wouldn't turn on. pressing the power/sleep button or the home button didn't do anything.

the ipod was on standby/sleep mode for the whole night and this morning I was rearranging/organizing some of the icons on the different screen. I put it to standby and after that I couldn't get the screen to turn back on. Even holding down the power button didn't do anything. When I docked it, the screen briefly turned on, but then off again. The only way I could get the screen to turn on and stay on was to sync something to it. After that it stayed on until I turned off the screen and wouldn't turn on again. So I repeated the process except this time I powered it down and restarted. That seemed to fix the issue, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced something like this. Is this a common thing or is it possible that my iPod is defective?

(I hope it's not cause I already burned $25 on my bodyguardz for it and spend a bunch of time applying it. I'd hate to purchase a replacement ($5) and go through it all over again.)

2. intempo808 macrumors regular

The exact same thing happened to me last night about 10:00 pm. My 1G iPod touch was left on stand-by and the screen wouldn't turn on, so I had to reset it.

I installed a new update to 2 apps before this... Maybe this has something to do with it?

Is it a bug or hardware problem?
    :confused:

3. sgtboy macrumors 6502

ive had the same thing! I was having a panic attack thinking, crap I gotta busted ipod now. I plugged it into my computer and did a reset, all was well