Slight tackiness to iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by joshmacbosh, Jun 13, 2012.

1. joshmacbosh macrumors member

joshmacbosh

This may have been mentioned before but I just felt that with the recent announcement of iOS 6 there should be a thread for this.
    So I'm just wondering if any one else thinks that the sad passing of Steve Jobs has allowed some really awful looking ideas come into practise. It's very clear to see in iOS 6 that some aspects of the UI are slightly less "well thought out" than previous OS's.
    I still think there is of course many more aspects of it that are very good, and I'm very happy with what they've done and I'm looking forward to it's release

Maybe I'm wrong...Just wondered if there was anyone else that felt the same.

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Do you honestly believe Steve didn't know what was going into iOS 6? This stuff isn't designed and programmed in six months, and Steve's not been gone even a year yet.

The new iPad, iOS 6, the upcoming iPhone, and even the eventual iPod refresh ... Steve knew exactly what was coming in them all, and probably the next two/three years worth of products.

There's something called a 'roadmap', which all big companies and their CEO's work on with the other executives and R&D team.

3. tekno macrumors 6502a

Jobs was still alive when the awfully tacky 'new look' iCal was released.

4. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

People really need to get past blaming Steve Job's death for everything they now don't like.

5. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

I totally agree with what you're saying.
    I guess it's just me, that's ok. I just feel there's a slightly rushed and incomplete feeling to iOS 6.
    Just my opinion...

6. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

God help this forum when the stuff Steve worked on is in the past, if this is what we're being subject to during the final years of the product roadmap he worked on.

7. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

Just to clarify - Most areas of the iOS, I'm looking forward to. So no need to jump all over me!

8. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

No-one's 'jumping all over you' ... it's just that it's been an ever increasing trend on these forums since Steve sadly passed away. If something new isn't to a persons taste, they are now instantly assuming it's because Steve passed away and that Apple are 'in decline', when the truth is that Steve left a good three/four years at most of products and ideas in the roadmap.

Now, whether or not Cook choses to exercise that roadmap to the letter is questionable, because he will have his own ideas and his own way of doing things, but with regard to the 2012 line up, it is absolutely exactly what we would have been seeing had Steve been alive and well and leading the keynote on Monday past.

9. JH- macrumors 6502

Could that be why it's a beta?

10. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

Not saying any of what others have said. I just think a few areas weren't seen by Steve e.g the tap to post and tap to tweet sections of the notification centre, also that new dial pad.

Beta is just to make sure what they've already implemented works correctly. Very unlikely they'll change UI of various things.

11. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I personally like the addition to tap to tweet and tap to post on my iPhone 4, but on the other hand I find it less necessary on my iPad 3 because I'm using Siri to compose tweets and posts.

12. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Remove it from the notification centre then?