Slight yellow/pink tinge to new MBP 15" Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ejosepha, Oct 5, 2009.

1. ejosepha macrumors 6502

I just recently bought the new MBP. The colors are spectacular, but when using white background, like in Word or the Google opening search page, the "white" background isn't nearly as white as my MBP 15" Late 2008 model. However, the colors are much richer on the newer model, reds, yellows, orange and greens....no comparison. The model is 9CA4, which I believe is Samsung, but not sure.
    Can this slight, not terrible but noticeable, tint be corrected with calibration without compromising the other colors? I probably wouldn't have noticed it much had I not seen the comparison, but would like to slightly whiten up the white.
    I don't have trained or great eyes for doing an expert mode calibration and don't want to buy a whole calibration system just for this. Would anyone have a Calibration Profile for this screen that I could try or any other suggestion.
    Thanks

2. davidlv macrumors 65816

Search for color profile "your screen number here"

Do a search for "color profile 'your screen number here'". I found a profile someone had done with a hardware calibrator, and posted on this forum, it works really well. Much better than the stock Color LCD profile. :D