Slightly darker corner iPad pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gsingham, Nov 17, 2015.

1. gsingham macrumors 6502

Most of the sets I've seen have a slightly darker right corner including mine. It's possibly 1 shade darker. Is anyone not noticing this?

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

Actually mine has that too. I saw a reference to it in another thread here as well. Seems to be a common thing among some batch. I'll get mine replaced.

3. Puma macrumors newbie

I have it on mine too, the bottom right corner is slightly darker. It's more noticeable on white backgrounds, but I think it is a common problem. I believe the iPhone 6s also have issues with darker corners.

4. Zune55 macrumors 6502

i think you guys show it to genius bar first also check their display models if they have same problem the ones you are mentioning. Do you know which batch got this corner issue? Also can you please post the link of the thread where it is mentioned?

5. 7even macrumors 6502a

At first I thought http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/anyone-else-notice-a-defect-in-their-screen.1938280/ was talking about the same thing, but under close observation, maybe not. I'll definitely check out the display models. It's weird, maybe it'll stop bothering me as it's fairly subtle.

If the corner itself was darker, I wouldn't mind, but it looks like there's a darkened spot next to the corner. Hard to capture on camera :/

6. WilliamG macrumors 604

I checked my iPad Pro over again, and I definitely do not have a darker lower right corner. So if this is noticeable, I'd exchange it.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Which orientation are you meaning? Not seeing it on mine.

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

I'm assuming the Touch ID is at the bottom of the device, so to the right of it.

9. Puma macrumors newbie

For me it's portrait orientation at the bottom right corner area. It's pretty subtle so I may just leave it.

10. dL. macrumors 6502

Yup that's a pretty common area for dark corner as I've seen quite a few iPad pros do that. Not all do though so you can keep trying!

dL

11. gsingham thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine is top right in portrait. Just looks like the leds in that corner aren't as bright

12. 7even macrumors 6502a

I returned my original one and am now waiting for the one I ordered as replacement. Oddly enough based on the serial number, the new one (dispatched from Shenzhen) is week 38 vs. the one I picked up in store being week 45. Here's to hoping it's closer to perfect :D