Slightly Raised Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lrsone, Nov 27, 2014.

1. lrsone macrumors 6502

lrsone

So I was watching some Netflix on my iPhone 6, when I realized on the left hand side where the volume rockers are that some light was peering through the aluminum and glass. So I started to examine it more, looking at the left side in different angles. Even passed my finger from the glass to the aluminum and it seemed like it was slightly raised in that area more than the right side of the phone. I pressed down slightly on the left side where the light was peering through and when I did I notice the screen move down and the light was gone. Now I know Apple will exchange my phone for a different one, it'll be my 2nd replacement. But I just wanted to know if anybody else has had this issue? Seems like Apple rushed the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I've never had hardware issue with previous iPhones, or maybe I'm just one of the unlucky few.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My glass is consistent and flush, I don't have any raised sections.

3. lrsone, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014

lrsone thread starter macrumors 6502

lrsone

All the other corners are flushed and perfectly fine except for the left side where the volume rockers are. It's really weird, you can literally see the LCD screen move when I push the glass down.

4. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

I have the same thing on my 6 on the same spot. No light shining through though. Launch day unit.

5. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

There will always be some variation in every product, that's just the way it is. Chances are, the slightly raised screen is perfectly acceptable according to their specifications. Take it in and have it exchanged if it bothers you.

6. lrsone thread starter macrumors 6502

lrsone

That's what I plan on doing. And it's not acceptable, I can see the glass move when I push it down a little.

7. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

It's not acceptable to you. Like I said, it's probably perfectly acceptable according to the specifications to which it was manufactured.

8. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

i went through 4 iphone 6+'s with the same issue. Had them all replaced, be prepared though, some genius's would not replace it and I had to try again with someone new who was more understanding.

Its not normal.

The phone is slightly "twisted" aka bent in that weak area from something minor. Some where right out of the box, others developed the symptom after a few weeks usage being in pockets. I do not carry my phone in my pants pocket anymore.

When i would press on the screen it would "pop" slightly as well from not being sealed down in that area.

9. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I noticed the glass was slightly higher than the left side on my first iPhone 6+ I got on launch day... but didn't think it was an issue. I remembered feeling the difference when I ran my fingers across the edge where the glass meets the aluminum frame on the both sides. I don't remember any light shining through. I exchanged mine for a different issue, but noticed that the glass was even on both sides on the replacement.

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

So how do u carry around your phone then? Cannot possibly have it in your hand all the time.

11. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

Coat pockets only - no stress on the phone from sitting down/bending over.