Slightly Uneven Bezel-to-Screen on Bottom

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jpl6, Aug 24, 2011.

1. jpl6 macrumors member

Hey, so this is a very minor problem (I know, OCD), but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a slightly uneven bezel-to-screen problem. The bottom left of my bezel protrudes out an extra 0.5mm (estimated, lol) from the screen compared to the rest of the bezel. So when I look at it (at an angle where the screen is halfway down), I can see the bezel opening (to screen) increase around that bottom left edge.

Trying to decide whether to exchange it (also seeing two grey marks on the bottom left bezel top - which can only be seen at certain angles).

2. bizzle macrumors 6502a

3. thelead macrumors 6502

not worth exchanging. NO product is PERFECT. Just get over the OCD :)

4. jsolares macrumors 6502a

OMG 0.5MM GO EXCHANGE IT NAO!!!!

I hope it has a samsung ssd and you get a toshiba when you go exchange it :p

5. iphonsteve4ajob macrumors regular

I can't even picture what you are describing. :confused:

6. jsolares macrumors 6502a

Where the bezel meets the screen, at the bottom, there's 0.5MM more space between the bezel and the screen on one side as compared to the other, like if the bezel didn't click in correctly and was protruding out 0.5MM....

7. minnus macrumors 6502

Sounds like a structural defect - dust or whatever can get in, and lessen the longevity of the product. I'd most likely exchange it. Those of you who keep telling others to keep imperfect machines -- wtf?

8. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

9. iphonsteve4ajob, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

iphonsteve4ajob macrumors regular

I hate to say it, but after some deep contemplation on the throne w/ my Air, I know what the OP means...:D....

10. jpl6 thread starter macrumors member

lol, the curse of the new (recent) Apple products - they come out looking so nice! :D

I had a new HP Envy 15 (modeled after MBP looks) worth $3,500+ (retail + tax, although I used a 10-15% off coupon) with slightly creaky palm rests, a small (noticeable) gap in the aluminum fitting of two of its pieces, and another small problem, but didn't agonize about whether to return it (well, it was shipped too so that's an extra hassle).

With this ~$1,700 MBA... it just looks so nice :D. I know it'll probably have a few scratches in a year given it's intended "portable" use, but with another week on my return policy... don't want to start off with blemishes, heh.

---

But on the other hand, I don't really want to make another trip to the store and don't want the risk of getting an actually defective machine.

@jsorales - yep, samsung SSD. :D. It does have an LG screen (which I know some people don't like/exchange), but see - I'm reasonable. :p The LG screen looks just fine to me, so I wouldn't go "It's an LG screen! Looks fine, but people say it's bad, so let's exchange."

I *do* see the tiny gap on one side of the bezel + blemishes on the vertical edge of the bezel which I admit are very minor faults, so I was just wondering if this was normal or if it means the bezel wasn't fully properly attached (I tried pushing it in, there's some flex to it, but can't get it to stay in line with the rest of the bezel).

Anyways, yeah, OCD. I just wish I didn't notice this until after my 14 days so I would just be like, "oh well".

11. VMMan macrumors 6502a

Return it because it's your money and this will bother you for the entire life of the computer. Do not feel "OCD" about it. Above all be true to thine self.

12. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

Oh Brother....