Slighty fuzzy screen with Power Mac G5 (dual 1.8GHz)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by headfuzz, Apr 18, 2007.

1. headfuzz macrumors 6502

headfuzz

I have a minor, yet weird, issue with my beloved Power Mac G5.

There are 3 user accounts on it, 2 of which are barely used (one's the g/f's and the other's a legacy account from an old box) and when I log in to either of the rarely used ones everything displays fine and pin sharp, however if I log into the main account I use, as soon as the login window disappears and the desktop loads up the screen changes very slightly as if it's just gone a tiny bit out of focus. All the colours and everything are still fine, but the screen seems to jump so that the very bottom layer of pixels is past the edge of the viewable area.

Move the mouse downward and it corrects itself, although the pixels still appear to be ever so slightly out of focus.

The monitor is a 19" widescreen Hanns-G connected over DVI to the Nvidia FX5200 in the G5... I can't recall amending any video settings - I haven't needed to - and as I say it only occurs when logged into this one account... Any ideas how I can remedy this? :confused:

It was fine up until a week or so ago...

2. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

Shot in the dark...

go to system preferences and look under universal access. Good chance that something has been adjusted. Set everything back to normal. let me know if it works... it has helped others in the past, although I can't find a route cause for it.

3. headfuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

headfuzz

omg.

I can't believe I was that stupid. Zoom was enabled by the smallest margin. Thank you so much.

*exit stage left* :eek:

4. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

No worries. It's happened to me and others. The question is, do you remember making the change to zoom? Either way, glad it worked out.

5. headfuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

headfuzz

Not specifically, but I did only learn about the Ctrl+Scroll on mouse to activate zoom trick a little while ago... I probably had a play with that and forgot, left the Mac and got confused when I came back to it... :rolleyes: