Slim AND drop protective case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iphonedoes, Dec 20, 2011.

1. iphonedoes macrumors newbie

I'm on the hunt for a case that is slim, but will also protect my phone against drops. I'm not asking for Otterbox Defender protection, but something that will keep the glass from shattering, and won't do too much damage to the internals. I have a white iPhone 4S, by the way.

Right now i'm using the Speck CandyShell. The problem with this case is that the rubber edge on the front of the case is flaking. :( I have the latest iteration so a new one probably won't be any better.

I also have the Otterbox Commuter, but the white on it gets dirty WAY too easily.

Any suggestions?

2. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I just pulled my 4S out of its white with red trim CandyShell and placed it in my just-arrived GemShell. BTW, after 2 months, my CandyShell is not flaking etc. Anyway, the GemShell is a bit less protective... I like 'em both!

3. Catcher macrumors regular

Switcheasy Eclipse all the way. Slimmer than Speck Candyshell, also sandblasyted type covering so doesn't get scratched up like the Candyshells do. Probably not quite as protective as the CSs but much slimmer, more durable and nicer profile.

4. iphonedoes thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm really liking this SwitchEasy Eclipse.

I have also asked for an Otterbox Reflex for Christmas. Pretty slim but provides amazing drop protection.

5. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for the same thing you are and I think I've settled on the Incipio NGP. It's a semi-rigid case that offers drop protection and a lay-on-table design.

6. cbronfman macrumors 6502

New Belkin case in Apple Store

Last night I saw Belkin Grip Candy TPU Case for iPhone 4S and 4 on Apple.com. It sounds like it could be good - but I haven't found any reviews on line so I ordered it and I'll see. I currently have the Speck PixelSkin HD which I like a lot and does give drop protection and is not too bulky. However I have a nice skin on the back of my phone which is of course hidden by the Speck case except for a little bit around the camera. It sounds as if the Belkin case is translucent and the skin will be somewhat visible. Between now and the time it arrives, I'll be hoping more people review it.

7. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

8. Catcher macrumors regular

9. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I second the Gemshell recommendation. Almost as protective as the Candyshell but thinner. If you want to go even thinner consider one of the TPU cases.