Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
I'm looking for some slim battery cases for the iPhone 6s! I hate the large bar that they all add to the phone. It's like making a super big bezel!!! And recommendations?

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017JMV2L2...colid=H6TRNO5ZNF53&coliid=IF0CBJVXP4ZKE&psc=1

Here's another one that looks nice. It uses the lightning cable and also doesn't have that large portion on the bottom. It's currently available but may not ship for a couple of weeks. I might grab one and try it out.

It looks nice other than the top being exposed.

They make this

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Battery-SOLEMEMO-thickness-Extended/dp/B010SKUITY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1441030711&sr=8-9&keywords=iPhone+6+battery+case

Which looks like it covers the entire phone. Unfortunately it's unavailable.

Why is it so hard to make a battery case like this with no ugly bottom? By the time I finally get one the iPhone 7 will be out lol

Reactions: Hal~9000

barry.wiestling

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
It looks nice other than the top being exposed.

They make this

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Battery-SOLEMEMO-thickness-Extended/dp/B010SKUITY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1441030711&sr=8-9&keywords=iPhone+6+battery+case

Which looks like it covers the entire phone. Unfortunately it's unavailable.

Why is it so hard to make a battery case like this with no ugly bottom? By the time I finally get one the iPhone 7 will be out lol

Yes my friend had that case and it looked BEAUTIFUL on the phone. The only problem was that you lost 2-3 bars of signal with the case because of the metal bumper so essentially you were "charging" your phone but couldn't use it in many areas. That's why SOLEMEMO came out with this new "updated" version of the case.

I just purchased the black one to give it a shot and see how it goes. I'll let you know what I think once it finally arrives.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Yes my friend had that case and it looked BEAUTIFUL on the phone. The only problem was that you lost 2-3 bars of signal with the case because of the metal bumper so essentially you were "charging" your phone but couldn't use it in many areas. That's why SOLEMEMO came out with this new "updated" version of the case.

I just purchased the black one to give it a shot and see how it goes. I'll let you know what I think once it finally arrives.

Please do. I'm not a fan of the exposed top though

barry.wiestling

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
So I just got this case and I have been able to put it to the test. I must say I am very impressed with this case.

The case feels very solid and doesn't feel like it was cheaply made. It is very slim for a battery case which I previously used a Mophie Juice Pack Air.

It doesn't add much extra to your phone and it charges the battery about 70-80% which is good enough for me. I LOVE how there is no extended bottom and it feels like another normal case on the phone.

I do really recommend this case if you don't mind the little buck and extra weight. I think it's very worth it for the extra battery life you get.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
So I just got this case and I have been able to put it to the test. I must say I am very impressed with this case.

The case feels very solid and doesn't feel like it was cheaply made. It is very slim for a battery case which I previously used a Mophie Juice Pack Air.

It doesn't add much extra to your phone and it charges the battery about 70-80% which is good enough for me. I LOVE how there is no extended bottom and it feels like another normal case on the phone.

I do really recommend this case if you don't mind the little buck and extra weight. I think it's very worth it for the extra battery life you get.
You didn't say which case. Are you talking about the Solememo?

If so, I'm wondering about the front lip. Is there any amount of raised lip to keep the screen off a flat surface when laying it face down?

barry.wiestling

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
You didn't say which case. Are you talking about the Solememo?

If so, I'm wondering about the front lip. Is there any amount of raised lip to keep the screen off a flat surface when laying it face down?

I am referring to the SOLEMEMO case. There is no raised front lip.

JoePa2624

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
AZ
As great as the battery life is on the plus, I'd love to see this make its way to the bigger phone.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I am referring to the SOLEMEMO case. There is no raised front lip.

Darn. That's the only thing that keeps me from buying the Solememo case. That, and I don't really need extra battery most days. But it definitely would be a great help for weekends and day trips when I use more battery. I need that lip protection though.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I might just bite the bullet and get the thincharge from either indiegogo or stack social. Stack social is cheaper bc free shipping.

Check out ThinCharge - World's Thinnest Battery Phone Case on #indiegogo!
http://igg.me/at/thinchargecase

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I might just bite the bullet and get the thincharge from either indiegogo or stack social. Stack social is cheaper bc free shipping.

Check out ThinCharge - World's Thinnest Battery Phone Case on #indiegogo!
http://igg.me/at/thinchargecase

Did the people behind ThinCharge ever get back to you via email about any sort of warranty? (I already gave up on the idea of it being MFI certified)

Hope the case works out for you though. Please let us know your thoughts if/once you end up getting it :)

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Did the people behind ThinCharge ever get back to you via email about any sort of warranty? (I already gave up on the idea of it being MFI certified)

Hope the case works out for you though. Please let us know your thoughts if/once you end up getting it :)

No and their indiegogo is full of comments complaining about not getting their early shipments.

I think I'll order from stack social. It's cheaper with free shipping and a 10% off coupon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.