Slim Belt/Clip Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by serge2k, Dec 12, 2011.

1. serge2k macrumors member

So my job finally gave the OK for me to switch my blackberry to an iPhone 4s and should be getting it soon. So I have started my quest for cases.

After looking for the first 2-3 pages on this forum I have a good idea on the good cases/bumpers that go over the iPhone but I see no one really talking about belts/clips to use over those cases.

Call me old school but I want a belt clip for my phone... it seems by the posts here a lot of you carry your phone???

My co-workers that have already gotten iPhones all use the otterboxes with the clips and normally I would go for those but it looks like you are carrying a brick in your belt. I am looking for a more slim solution so I was wondering about your suggestions!! Thanks everyone.

2. mikeabbz macrumors member

3. serge2k thread starter macrumors member

4. mikeabbz macrumors member

no durability issues so far

5. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

7. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I like those type of cases as well.

Magnetic or velcro closure? Is it tight with a bumper on?

8. kphenix macrumors newbie

9. serge2k thread starter macrumors member

For the people that have ordere from Handhelditems website... is it legit??? Do I have to worry about it?

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Magnetic and it's a perfect fit.

11. deeddawg macrumors 604

A Blackberry 9650 holster works well with an iphone 4/4S in a thin case such as the Incase Snap or Incipio Feather. Usually pretty inexpensive on ebay.

12. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I tried that handheld items one and honestly. I literally (not exaggerating, literally) took it out of packing. Put it on my phone once, which I thought would probably scratch the bezel or front glass. Had to force it in there. Took it off and it's been sitting in a desk drawer since. Complete junk IMO and I wouldn't even risk putting phone in it. Doesn't look safe at all.

I had great best with with Seidio http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/hliph4as.htm. The belt clip did break on me twice. As long as it breaks in warranty though they'll replace. Perfect fit though.

I ended up using an otterbox for tough times and something like what djransom posted. If you must have a belt clip one I'd go seidio, otherwise get one like djransom.

13. greg555 macrumors 6502a

I use this Roots clip case (link) with my ZooGue case.

It fits snug but not over-tight.

Greg

14. serge2k thread starter macrumors member

Thanks OneMike.... I was looking at the Seido ones, but I thought the price was a bit on the expensive side. I ended up buying 2 of the handheld clips. One that fits a naked iphone and one that fits it with a bumper. Everything came out to like 9 bucks. I'll give them a try and see if I like them or if they fit.

I think eventually I will get an otterbox like everyone else... it's the size of it that kinda kills it for me.... anyways... I'm still waiting for my iphone!!! lol

15. swwang macrumors newbie