slim bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by calvy, Mar 9, 2011.

1. calvy macrumors 65816

I've actually got several regular bumpers. I'm kind of curious about finding something similar, but slimmer. I feel like the bumper makes the phone feel so much larger, and all I really want to do is protect the edges of the glass from chipping if I drop the thing.

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'd say one of the slimmest is the case mate hula IMO, and it's transparent.

3. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

.....the SGP Neo Hybrid Ex series is a lot thinner than the Hula bumper IMHO - but not transparent - your choice!!! ;)

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Pinlo BLADEdge? Looks pretty cool. I think there was a thread on this one somewhere around here.

5. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Hmm I have both I feel like the hula is slightly thinner and it has better cutouts then the neo hybrid ex, but it's all personal opinion? Besides I forgot about the pinlo bladedge, definitely one of the thinnest bumpers.

6. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

pinlo blade edge and the nlu ciderz are thinner than apple bumper

7. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

This is true. I knew the Pinlo one was thinner but I just looked at the Ciderz I have and it is thinner than the Apple one since the Apple one bows out.

Just a thought, one of the smallest cases I have, and I have pretty much all of the popular ones out there, is the Speck SeeThru. I put that on the phone and while not a bumper, is pretty much the same size as the Ciderz and Hulu but with a protective back. If you clean the back of the case with Windex specifically before putting the phone in it doesn't watermark.

8. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

....I kinda agree with you on that one - the Speck SeeThru is quite a minimilest (is that the correct spelling?!) case.

The only issue I had with it was the rubber lip that goes around the screen edge part of the case. I found that the rubber was so grippy that I found it difficult to slip the phone with the case on, in and out of my pockets - when it was inside my pocket and I pulled it out, my whole pocket would turn inside out cos the rubber just gripped everything....!!!

9. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Thats interesting. It doesn't watermark anyway unless there's a screen protector on the back right? And as you said clean the inside or outside of the seethru case with windex?

10. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i love my speck see thru still a top five for me to this day

11. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I have a Speck SeeThru Satin in black and I agree with you about the rubber. It also seems to attract a lot of lint too since it's so grippy. Also, my case is actually starting to fall apart after less than a week of use so I'm going to have to send it back to Speck to get a replacement.

12. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Inside of the case. The part that touches the phone. The alcohol that is in it dries up the excess moisture allowing for it to rest evenly. I have a screen protector on mine and don't have any watermarking after doing this.

This is the same way I got the watermarking to stop on my old 3G Defender. You didn't baby powder at all and a lot of people wasted a lot of time and effort on that. You just needed a way to get rid of the excess moisture, which is what the baby powder did. The Windex just does it without leaving any residue and it did it without risk of putting too much or too little on the screen. You just spray directly on the case and wipe. Mission Accomplished.

As for the grippy material, mine isn't that grippy at all. Now the 2 SeeThru Satin cases I have are really grippy though and yes they turn my pocket inside out. They also collect random pieces of lint and scrap.

The clear or standard SeeThru, at least mine is grippy but not that much at all. I have it on my phone now. After taking off the Element Pro, I really liked the exposed back look and didn't want to waste the perfectly aligned rear screen shield that I applied by hand first try (none of that stupid Kioky waste of time) on the inside of a case. So I looked through my box of crap and found an unopened SeeThru. Put that on and hello beautiful.

The phone is extremely sleek with a Candyshell light feeling. I love my Candyshell and this case is literally a thinner, SeeThru version of the Candyshell. I had used one of these before but gave it to my girl since she has one of those Glow-in-the-dark rear skins.