Slim case that has good grip?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AeroZ, Jun 15, 2016.

1. AeroZ macrumors 6502

AeroZ

Hi!

I'm currently using Caudabe Veil XT but it's pretty slippery. I've tried Caudabe Sheath aswell but didn't like it.
    I've seen people recommending the Tozo case. Does it have good grip? Any other great slim cases?

Thanks!

2. mjschabow macrumors 65816

3. AeroZ thread starter macrumors 6502

AeroZ

I've thought about Apple Silicone case but they're pretty expensive for a piece of silicone + afaik they attract lint a lot.

4. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

Grippy = lint.
    Slippy = no lint.

Take your pick.

5. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

I love the Apple Silicon case. Made the mistake of getting a white one with my white iPhone. Yeah, take that out of your back jeans pocket and it's half blue.

The Anker Slim case (https://www.amazon.com/Protective-A...&qid=1466018411&sr=8-3&keywords=anker+6s+plus) is close - but I like the Apple Silicon just a little bit better.

Like you, I've tried the Caudabe but it is SO slippery that I can't adapt it to my usage style (putting it on car seat while I drive). So I have the Anker slim case now but thinking of getting a non-white Silicon case - perfect amount of grip.

6. AeroZ thread starter macrumors 6502

AeroZ

Yeah, Caudabe is very slippery. I guess I'll have to eat it up and try Apple Silicone case in Charcoal color maybe.

7. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

8. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I've always had a hard time finding the right combination of grip and slim fit. Because of that I have been using a Monoprice bumper for edge drop protection and BestSkinsEver matte back skin for scratch protection. FYI the BSE matte skin is excellent. It has a good amount of grip and is completely see through. You really can't tell its there.

Recently I was getting a little sick of the bumper. So I started looking at the Caudabe Sheath. In the Sheath thread someone mentioned the NX Case which is a knockoff of the Sheath. I ordered both. I didn't like the sheath at all because it was too slippery. At first I didn't like the NX Case either but left it on anyway. I now really like it. It has a slight texture feel to it so it's not as slippery as the Sheath. Also I lily the fact that it is transparent an you can see all details of the phone. I got all colors they had since they were only $3 but the transparent gray was the only one that looked good.
    It looks like they are out of stock. Who know if they are coming back. Too bad I'd like to order a spare.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/171923128663

NX New Crystal Rubber Soft TPU Silicone Ultra-thin Back Case For iPhone 6 Plus

9. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I absolutely recommend the ultra thin Luvvitt case. Super thin, clear and doesn't turn yellow. It also had plenty of grip with no grabbing lint.

I've tried so many thin cases and this one has worked the best for me.

10. kingston73 macrumors 6502

The absolute best IMO is the solid suit from evolutive labs. Grippy, NO LINT, and super protective. I honestly don't know why anybody would get anything else.

11. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

https://goo.gl/photos/vqvkWBUGLstYWr789 for an album comparing the Anker Slim case to the Apple Silicon case (just arrived in the mail). The 6s+ Silicon case is not as grippy as past silicon cases that I've used (on my 6+) but isn't slippery - just not as grippy - which is a plus. Yeah, it collects lint but I like the open bottom, felt inside (protecting the phone), and the way it feels like it was made for the phone (no play, snug fit, buttons work easily).

The Anker tempered glass screen protector, with the Anker slim case, would sit on the glass screen when I put it face down. Not the case with the Apple Silicon case - I can set it face down and it's resting on the case, not the glass (big plus).

I'm happy with it so far (20 mins of ownership). Will report back if that changes.

12. AeroZ thread starter macrumors 6502

AeroZ

How high is the raised lip of Apple Silicone cases? My Magpul Field cases make it inconvenient to use 3D Touch on the edge of the screen because the lip is pretty high.

13. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Both cases are low enough for me to do a 3d press and hold on the middle left to switch apps. I had a Sena wallet case that was too high for this (made for the 6+).

14. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I've spent ages looking for a slim case that offers grip.

I have he candyshell grip and girl wise it's perfect. But it's bulky and id love something slimmer.

I have the anker slim shell. Don't rate it. It's a nice slim case but I don't find it offers any grip at all. The spigen air cushion doesn't offer grip. Neither does the ringke fusion. The spigen capsule offers some grip and is slim but not much.

I won't even entertain the apple silicone case as the bottom is open and the whole
    Point to a case for me is to offer full protection. I refuse to pay £25 for something that doesn't even offer full protection.

I've kind of given up now and accepted the fact that if I want good grip I will have to stick to the candyshell grip.

15. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

So why not Evolutive's Solid Suit? Slimish, grippy, protective.

16. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I've not actually looked at reviews for it. Does the carbon fibre one offer a decent level of grip? I don't like leather so that's a no go. Have a quick look, it doesn't seem much thinner than the candyshell.

It's not actually available to buy? Website says pre order.

It would cost £32 including shipping to the UK. For that I'd want something much thinner but that offers same level of grip the candyshell.

17. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

There are other threads discussing it, and I don't have that one exactly. I have the PlayProof, which is amazing, but some complain it's too slick. Mobilereviews-eh.ca has a good review of both cases and their merits/drawbacks. You ought to check out Aaron's website or YouTube page for his reviews/comparisons.

18. wymi macrumors regular

19. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Just watched his reviews.

Unfortunately he says the carbon fibre is like a wet bar of soap. The leather provides grip and as leather is a no go for me then the search continues.

20. kingston73 macrumors 6502

The leather isn't really leather, it's basically a rubberized type coating that's textured. Zero harm to animals or environment.

21. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

You're right! The site says not genuine leather.

Does it provide good grip?

It's still on pre order anyway so I'll wait till it's available (I don't do pre orders) properly and grab one.

22. kingston73 macrumors 6502

It's a pretty good grip not the level of something like the candyshell grip but still very good. It's by far my favorite case and I've used many different kinds.

23. mk313 macrumors 6502

I love the slipstoppers. They aren't really cases, but just a minimally protective sticker that goes on the back of the phone, plus a thin plastic screen protector. I like the 5/5s/SE version much better than the 6 versions, as the form factor of the phone just works better with it. If you're looking for a case that covers all the exposed metal of the phone, this isn't for you, but if you're just looking for something to provide more grip on the phone, plus really minimal protection, check them out.

24. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava