Slim case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by themp, Jan 19, 2015.

1. themp macrumors member

I'm certain this has already been asked, but I'm overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information contained in all of these threads.

I'm looking for the best slim case for an iPhone 6 plus. I want to still be able to appreciate the curved glass. Prefer no branding and thin enough that it's translucent. A little bit of a grip would be good too.

Saw a review about the Scarf but then there's about a billion other slim cases. Anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

Caudabe veil xt or shumuri slim extra. One is cheaper while the other gives more colour option.

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

The Shumuri Slim Extra gets my vote for sure. Seems like it's exactly what you're asking for. It doesn't have much grip, but it'll let you thoroughly appreciate your iPhone 6 Plus.

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Shumuri slim Is what I use and I love it. Only case that has lasted more than a month on the phone.

5. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

You may also wanna look at Caudabe's The Veil

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Go with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. The clear looks really nice on the iPhone. Nice grip too. I have one for my 5s that stays on my phone more than the other cases I have.

7. rperalta macrumors 6502

Take a look at the Shumui SLIM EXTRA. I did a mini-review of it in another thread.

8. wendimc macrumors member

I saw a review of the Scarf case, too. Are you referring to this one themp? http://hypertext.net/2015/01/iphone-scarf/
    Seems like a very minimalist case and really well priced. I was looking at the Shumuri, too, but they wanted $6 for shipping plus it takes two weeks and they don't provide any tracking. Seemed like a rip off.
    I'll be going with the Scarf. I had ordered from this company before and their shipping was fast and free. I can follow up with some feedback once I get it.

9. wendimc macrumors member

So, I got the Scarf and must say I love it. It really is very thin and looks well made. The surface is tiny, tiny bit coarse, which I like because it adds some good grip (really the main reason for me to get a slim case). It feels great in my hand. I will see how it holds up over the next months, but so far it's a winner.

10. Ourphones macrumors member

11. Uuroboros macrumors newbie

X2

sounds like this is going to be your only option

also you can look at the ANKER TPU cases, SUPER thin though

12. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Scarf doesn't cover the whole phone and doesn't protect the camera hole. It's basically just the same as the eBay clones.

The only two slim cases that are worth talking about are the Caudabe Veil XT and the Shumuri. Just ordered the Veil XT so we'll see how it goes. But, if it's anything like the regular Veil I have, the quality should be solid and warranty claims on it are very easy from past experience.

13. Bomb617 macrumors member

When will the XT for 6+ come out?

14. Tgrey macrumors member

Any one has shumri clear case? Will it get dirty or yellow easily?

15. greatness macrumors member

Powersupport Air Jacket. Personal favorite since the iPhone 4.

16. mercurycnz macrumors newbie

get the grey one.;)

17. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

The Mcdodo was my answer to wanting a perfect slim case

18. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I emailed Caudabe customer support and they said 2-3 weeks for the 6 plus veil XT. I've got the one for the iPhone 6 and it's a winner.

In answer to someone else, I'd stay away from so called TPU thin cases. They all turn a disgusting yellow after some time.

19. Bomb617 macrumors member

Thanks, I will check it again come like April :)