Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Ok so I started a thread on the Linear EX case and got questions about a different case that I had in the photographs.

The case is the iSkin Claro. I was mentioning this in the other thread that I notice that there is never really much mention to iSkin and their products. I personally have had a few of their cases since iPhone and have been happy. Definitely a company to check out. Heres a link to the Claro case on their site.

The model of the Claro I have is 2 years old and the new Claro is clearer than what you see in mine in the photos. If your in the market for a slim, edges enclosed clear case, do check it out!

Claro: http://www.iskin.com/iphone4/claro/

Here's the pics:

08404a2a.jpg

280a90ee.jpg

b35338e9.jpg

88220de8.jpg

472ab6b6.jpg

0a910e05.jpg

bc43a4fa.jpg

b56ae4e4.jpg

dacd943a.jpg

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
AlPlPlLE, until you posted those pictures in the other thread, I wasn't really that intersted in iSkin cases (I'd liked a couple before, but never picked one up). But after seeing yours, I went over to their site and checked out the ones for the 4S...I'm impressed!

It does suck that they've only got 3 colors for the 4S in that case (which are all translucent...which I like)...black, maroon-ish, and purple. But I'll probably end up getting one of the black ones.

I will admit, I did have a bit of sticker-shock, though. $40, list price? That seems kinda high. But you can find them for almost half that with a quick Google search.

Just to get a feel for the case before ordering, it's not a hard plastic, correct? It's more of the firm TPU-type case? In other words, it kinda flexes?

Thanks for the heads-up on the case! :D

Black Dawg Down

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
Did the case turn yellow compared to when you first bought it?

Also does it push up the front/back protector (if you have them installed)?

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
AlPlPlLE, until you posted those pictures in the other thread, I wasn't really that intersted in iSkin cases (I'd liked a couple before, but never picked one up). But after seeing yours, I went over to their site and checked out the ones for the 4S...I'm impressed!

It does suck that they've only got 3 colors for the 4S in that case (which are all translucent...which I like)...black, maroon-ish, and purple. But I'll probably end up getting one of the black ones.

I will admit, I did have a bit of sticker-shock, though. $40, list price? That seems kinda high. But you can find them for almost half that with a quick Google search.

Just to get a feel for the case before ordering, it's not a hard plastic, correct? It's more of the firm TPU-type case? In other words, it kinda flexes?

Thanks for the heads-up on the case! :D

Glad to hear you went and looked! Yea the sticker price is a bit of an eye sore, but as stated, you can find them easily with a simple google search. eBay for sure has them. But also as I said, I've had it for two years, and always served me well. Still looks good. I just paid $31 for the Linear EX and it's just a bumper haha. I really like this case as well. http://www.iskin.com/iphone4/revo/ I've had the model of that revo when the 4 came out. That new revo is badass and compares IMO to the commuter otter box. Just minus the plastic shell under the rubber

And yes, the plastic off the case is a firm but flexible plastic. More flexible on the sides and the back is a little bit firmer. Here's what the site says:

Double the Love
The iSkin claro is all about clarity. A hybrid fusion of a soft, flexible and transparent polymer and durable hard polycarbonate core combine for the clearest possible view and the best possible protection—making it the first to achieve such a feat.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Glad to hear you went and looked! Yea the sticker price is a bit of an eye sore, but as stated, you can find them easily with a simple google search. eBay for sure has them. But also as I said, I've had it for two years, and always served me well. Still looks good. I just paid $31 for the Linear EX and it's just a bumper haha. I really like this case as well. http://www.iskin.com/iphone4/revo/ I've had the model of that revo when the 4 came out. That new revo is badass and compares IMO to the commuter otter box. Just minus the plastic shell under the rubber

And yes, the plastic off the case is a firm but flexible plastic. More flexible on the sides and the back is a little bit firmer. Here's what the site says:

Double the Love
The iSkin claro is all about clarity. A hybrid fusion of a soft, flexible and transparent polymer and durable hard polycarbonate core combine for the clearest possible view and the best possible protection—making it the first to achieve such a feat.

Cool...thanks for the additional info. And I'd be ashamed to post how much I've spent total on cases since I got the 4S! LOL. I think I'm up to 15 or so now? (With a couple of those being replacement Commuters from Otterbox that were free) I really should try and sell some of the ones I don't use!

FooDog11

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2010
Thanks for sharing!! I've been curious about the Claro. One additional question...do you get that water marking effect on the back? That is driving me crazy with a similar style generic TPU case.

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Did the case turn yellow compared to when you first bought it?

Also does it push up the front/back protector (if you have them installed)?

Yea the case has tinted yellow over the past 2 years I've had it. Smoke free environment. Its not too bad at the moment, and I'm sure theres ways to clean it back to a clearer state. Let me know if you have an idea how lol.

Nice case! Did it stretch out at all after some time?

Nope not at all. Am impressed with this actually. It was a huge concern when I initially bought the case. But over the 2 years, no stretching.

Thanks for sharing!! I've been curious about the Claro. One additional question...do you get that water marking effect on the back? That is driving me crazy with a similar style generic TPU case.

Ok so I have to ask cause I'm clueless lol, water marking effect? I'll look and see after you explain it. You have any idea how to restore the clearness? I can do it and see what happens. If it clears up more than is now, I'll go as far as to say that it's the most reliable, efficient case I've ever owned. I feel that way now, but the LITTLE yellowing pisses me off. Guess for 2 years though that's ok.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Yup yup! Be sweet to see another owner post. I've never personally met anyone with it or even knew about iSkin.

I do I have the same case in clear. iSkin makes quality products had a few cases for my 3gs too. I'll be posting my 4s collection once my otterbox defender and aluminum skin come in. Stay posted.

nice pictures btw. the only problem I have with the case is that the lip gets loose after a while because with the charger in it stretches out. not too bad of an issue though.

FooDog11

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2010
Ok so I have to ask cause I'm clueless lol, water marking effect? I'll look and see after you explain it.

:) I can't take a pic at the moment, but I'll try to describe it. It's when the inside of the case sort of sticks to the glossy back of the phone and makes it look like there's fluid squished in between. It's not truly water marking, but that seems to be how people commonly refer to it.

Does that make sense?? Thanks for checking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.