Slim sleeve w/ handle?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Grimmeh, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Grimmeh macrumors member

I'm thinking of getting the new 13-inch MacBook Pro soon, but I'm wondering about cases and bags. I was looking around (not hard, and only online thus far), but I haven't stumbled upon and sleeves with handles. The Incase Sleeve Plus is still too big and bulky (strictly speaking, I mean appearance, not actual size and weight; one without a flap going over it, just a zipper).

Would anyone recommend against anything like that, though? I'd be using it for college (starting my first year soon) and I'd probably bring it every day to school and back. I really don't need to carry anything else, at all (other than maybe a few sheets of paper). Any suggestions? Maybe I'll live with a flap. :p

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

uhhm, sleeves are mainly used so that you shove your laptop in it and then shove the sleeve inside a bag or backpack.

3. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

I have the Timbuk2 Wiki:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/laptop/wiki

Its ballistic nylon, with a corduroy padding inside. And, it has a basic handle. I put it inside of my messenger bag, and its handy to have the handle to take it out.

4. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

5. throttlemeister macrumors 6502a

I have this one for my MBP 15", and it is excellent. Good protection, good quality, professional look and the conveniences of a sleeve and laptop bag combined. And it doesn't break the bank either.

6. Grimmeh thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

I really like some of those, actually. Thanks.

Some of the other suggestions also seem like good stuff. Thanks fellas.

I'm actually considering backpacks now, too, so IDK what'll happen. I'll just have to try out a few. Hopefully I'll pick a good one. :)

7. coolbreeze macrumors 65832

8. covertyows macrumors member

I really like the inCase 13" mbp sleeve. surprised at the thickness and softness of the inside.

9. mls64 macrumors member

I bought a Brenthaven Trek sleeve for my 13" MBP. It has a small zipped pocket on the outside, a single handle, and rings if you wnat to add a shoulder strap. It is vertical, with a zipper closure and pretty decent padding. Paid less than $25 shipped from ABT.com. Brenthaven Trek