Slimmest TPU case for iPhone 5/5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vaultwit, Sep 25, 2013.

1. vaultwit, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013

vaultwit macrumors regular

There are tons of threads about the slimmest iPhone 5 case, but not the slimmest TPU one. TPU is the flexible and bendable type of plastic material, so hard cases like the Incipio Feather do not count.

Also, I'm looking for one that covers all buttons and has at least some amount of lip (lay on table design). So, any suggestions?

At the moment, I'm using the Luvvitt Clearview case, which is pretty darn slim, but it's getting old and I need a new one.

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Belkin Grip Candy Sheer. You won't find another case that fits your criteria better than this case.

I would also suggest the Spigen Neo Hybrid. It has a plastic band around the TPU case.

3. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Still pretty thick.

Try the Desmay Slight 5. One of the thinnest.

http://www.desmay.com/collections/all/products/the-new-slight-5-0-35mm

4. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

5. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

Yes the Desmay Slight unfortunately is not TPU, but I've had my eye in it for a while because it covers the top and bottom unlike cases like the Incipio Feather. The reason for the TPU is that with TPU, the chance of the screen cracking when the phone is dropped, though still possible, is much less than with a thin hard case.

Also, yes, the Belkin Candy Sheer and SGP Neo Hybrid are both far too thick. My current Luvvitt Clearview is much thinner. I actually bought the Neo Hybrid from amazon, but immediately returned it after seeing how thick it made the sides of my phone.

6. MacMilligan macrumors 6502

I wish I could find a TPU case with a nice chiseled edge instead of the rounded ones to keep inline with the 5S design. I have a TPU case on my iPhone 4 that I added as soon as I got it and there is absolutely no damage at all to the phone after 2+ years of use. I'd like to find a thin, clear TPU case.

7. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

You guys are asking too much for a 100% TPU case.

The Luvvitt ClearView isn't even completely TPU. If you like your Luvvitt, you should buy another.

8. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

You're right, it's not completely TPU. And I never said it needs to be 100%, but just to clear things up, I'm looking for something with at least TPU on the sides (for the drop protection I mentioned above).

There are things I don't like about the Luvvitt Clearview, or else, of course I would buy another one instead of creating this thread. But honestly, I don't think asking for a thin TPU case is asking that much, especially given how many different TPU cases there are out there. I'm just hoping to pull suggestions from users here based off of their experience.

9. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

10. MacMilligan macrumors 6502

11. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Slimmest TPU case for iPhone 5/5s?

Incipio Frequency has edges that match the iPhone 5 styling. It's the case I use now, but be warned that it's not the most comfortable case out of the box. I had to sand down the edges a bit, which was annoying.

12. MacMilligan macrumors 6502

13. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

My favorite tpu is diztronic.

I like my fake power support flat bumper a lot too

14. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I'm gonna duck my head and suggest the case from ZooGue.
    They're always having sales ranging from $0.99 to free so I figured they have to be crap but when I ordered my wife's 5S I figured I'd get one just to tide her over till she picked a case she really liked.
    I got two for $6 shipped and they're really not that bad.
    I'm sure there's slimmer TPU cases out there but these sure ain't bulky.
    I wish they didn't have the molded grip lines all down the sides but some people might find that a positive.
    They cover the top and the bottom (won't dock with my iHome clock radio) and the volume buttons and they do have a small lip for protecting the screen when laying down.
    I got the black and the navy and if I didn't already have a Speck case that I'm happy with I'd be using the black one on my slate iPhone 5.
    So far she's happy with the navy on her silver 5S.
    For $3 each these things are pretty hard to beat.

15. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

I actually have the ZooGue case you're talking about. And while I do agree that it's a surprisingly good case, especially given that I purchased it for $0.99, I just couldn't stand the grip lines in the sides. It was one thing to feel weird and uncomfortable, but when the it started to collect dirt and grime in between the bumps, I called it quits with that case. I'm sure many people would like that one but it just isn't for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

So far it looks like the Diztronic has the lead... I've read some reviews and many have said it is heavy and makes the phone feel a lot heavier. Can anyone chime in on this?

16. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

17. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

If you want thin TPU, the best one by far is the Belkin. Pretty cheap on Amazon, too. All the other ones look like crap in my opinion.

18. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

19. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

20. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

21. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

If you can find a Noot T5, it ticks nearly all the boxes. It doesn't have a front lip however. Still a great slim TPU case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

They are easy to cut off.

23. Ronin317 macrumors newbie

The slimmest I've found is the Elago S5 Flex. Much like their slim-fit polycarb shells, which I also use, I've never found anything thinner, higher quality, and priced well that matches up. Plus if you have Amazon Prime...it's a no-brainer.

24. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

man, this is rediculas. Noot is $5 and Elago s5 is $8 on amazon.com.

in Canada, amazon.ca sells them for $25 plus shipping. just rediculas. Oh and the .com site wont' ship to Canada.

25. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Its ridiculous.

Are you on Vancouver side? If so, ship it to http://tsbshipping.com/ in Port Roberts. And drive down to pick it up.