Slimming Down CS5 Extended

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobbytomorow, Nov 11, 2010.

1. bobbytomorow macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

I have CS5 Extended but the only thing I use Photoshop for image/photo editing yet theres all this extra (what seems bloat) that installs with it.

Here is a List of whats installed in my Applications Folder:

• Adobe folder Containing>"Adobe Help" launcher & "AdobePatchFiles" folder
    • Adobe Bridge folder Containing>"Adobe Bridge" launcher & "Configuration","Legal","Plug-Ins","Presets" and "Required" folders
    • Adobe Device Central folder Containing>"Adobe Device Central" launcher
    • Adobe Extension Manager folder Containing>"Adobe Extension Manager" launcher & "Legal","ReadMe",Resources" and "Samples" folders
    • Adobe Media Player
    • Adobe Photoshop folder Containing>"Adobe Photoshop" launcher,"Configuration","Legal","Locales","MATLAB","Plug-Ins","Presets","Samples","Scripting" folders and "CS5 Uninstaller"

List of what is installed in Utilities Folder:

• Adobe AIR Application Installer
    • Adobe AIR Uninstaller
    • Adobe Installers folder Containing>"Uninstall Photoshop CS5"
    • Adobe Utilities CS5 folder Containing>"ExtendedScript Toolkit"

THAT is a lot of bloat for only needing to use one application although I do realize Bridge is beneficial as well as the uninstallers. So I have highlighted what I think I need in green, aside from that what is really needed and if so why?

What can I safely remove without hindering the performance of Photoshop?

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

None of then, all critical to the function of CS5.

3. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Leave it all there.

FWIW I also don't think that any of the files the OP has quoted are there just because you have Ps Extended; I reckon they'd be there in Standard and you'd have to delve much deeper into the package to find anything specific to Extended, and would likely break the app by tinkering anyway.