Sling TV and Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by toddsimon, Oct 22, 2015.

1. toddsimon macrumors member

toddsimon

Does anyone use Sling TV? If so how do you like it?

Do you think they will bring an app to Apple TV?

2. jaymc macrumors regular

jaymc

I'm interested in Sling TV also; was at my bros and watched some college football last night on ESPN and it worked great with his Roku. Certainly hope it works with ATV4.

3. paulkaliciak macrumors newbie

I'll be interested in Sling for Roku or Apple TV when it doesn't need an iPhone or iPad to bridge between the two. I'm hoping the ATV 4th gen has enough horsepower to run the Slingplayer by itself.

4. 9512tacoma macrumors member

I am hoping this also. The CEO of sling tv did comment after the new Apple TV was introduced he thought about an app for it but did not confirm.

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

You are probably thinking of the SlingBOX App and not the Sling TV App. But yes would be nice for a SlingBox Native ATV App.

6. Wildeface macrumors newbie

I'm using PlayStation Vue right now and it's waaaay better than my experience I had with Sling. I'm hoping that they make an Apple TV app since there is one for the iPad.

7. anopy1 macrumors member

I don't know about your brother's experience but I tried Sling for 3 months to get the free roku. It was pretty terrible. Lots of interruptions and hours of it not working. Forget about if it's a premier of Walking Dead or big football game. The service would go down on all channels. I canceled it as soon as I could. Not worth the aggravation.

8. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I recently subscribed to SlingTV (using Xbox) and it's incredible. Probably watched it a good 20+ hours and not had a single issue. The playback is smoother than cable tv, no interruptions, no freezing, thus far flawless. I did hear it was horrible, early on when it came out. But from my experience of using it the last few days, they seemed to have fixed all the bugs and glitches.