Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

filmguy695

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
ok I have finally learned how to use an ftp to access my iphone . I have added the string for my slingplayer into the dynamic libraries and have rebooted the phone. When I try to connect to the sling box it acts like it does not have internet. the voip3g is probably working because I do not get the needs wifi error. It just acts like it cannot find the internet or like the internet is too slow. it works fine on wifi but not over the voip3g. I am running 2.2.1 on a jailbroken phone. I am new and it took me most of the day to get the string into the right place. I downloaded it after just to check it was still there and it was. Any and all help is appreciated because I really don't have a clue. thx

socbrian

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2009
nc
just go into cydia and install Tricker ThreeG

So much better, no editing or any configuring

filmguy695

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I installed tricker 3g but it still does not work. It works fine on wifi. then I thought maybe voip3G is conflicting with it. I tried to un install voip3g but I can't fined it to uninstall it any help? thx for the tricker tip

filmguy695

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
OK so I went in and took out the sling media string I put in in case it was conflicting and then uninstalled and then reinstalled tricker 3g but the slingplayer still does not work. It works fine on wifi but cannot get it to work on tricker 3G any help or suggestions?

socbrian

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2009
nc
uninstall voip3g and Tricker ThreeG, then restart phone. install Tricker ThreeG and then try

filmguy695

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
ok did that still no luck I am now setting up a sling account even though I am sure thats not it because it works fine on wifi I appreciate your help if you have any more ideas I will try them but so far no luck

filmguy695

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I dont get it I can get online using safari without wifi and the sling works on wifi so why doesn't it work with tricker. I have installed and uninstalled 3 times and turned off the iphone everytime. If anybody has any ideas let me know.

filmguy695

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
finally figured it out and I am posting hopefully to help someone with the same problem. The reason I could get the sling to work on wifi was because I was on the same network as the slingbox. I had a port problem and did not know it. When I tried it on a different wifi network it did not work. Fixed the port problem for remote viewing and now it works. So if you sling works on wifi and not on the 3G try it on a different wifi network and see if it works If it does not, thats your problem. thx to everbody that helped me now if I could get this thing to quit optimizing I might be able to watch something

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.