Sling with current iphone battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Metsfan7450, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

I've read a lot of threads about how everyone is excited about the possibility of getting an app so the iphone works with Slingbox. I cannot wait for that day either, but have some concerns over the battery life that will be drained from watching live tv. I already have to charge mine daily with a little phone use, some internet, games, etc....I can't imagine what watching an hour of live tv would do to my battery.

Anyone hear how this would affect battery life?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

It would probably be the same as downloading/watching YouTube videos. Battery draining from WiFi and screen.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Agreed, it shouldn't be that much different than streaming from the YouTube app.

4. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

I can tell you from firsthand experience with the OrbLive 2.0 app, that it sucks the life right out of the phone. It did seem to get a little bit better with 2.1, to the point where having it plugged into the USB port on my computer will actually keep up with it. Prior to 2.1, it wouldn't keep up with the charge on USB. I had to use the wall charger, which apple now says could kill me.

I would think that the Sling app would probably be the same.