Slingbox and battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Theraker007, May 17, 2009.

1. Theraker007 macrumors regular

To those of you who are using the slingplayer either on wifi or on 3g via other means; what kind of battery life can you get using the slingmedia player continuously?

can you make it through a whole baseball game? Im basically only interested in this product if i can watch baseball games on it.

thanks very much

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

From what I've experienced thus far, 2 hours on WiFi seems like it could be doable, but an entire baseball game? Doubtful.

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I would invest in the incase power slider if you're going to be using slingbox often. It'll more than double the iphone's battery life. Either that or some other portable power supply.

4. Theraker007 thread starter macrumors regular

thats great advice, i went into the apple store today afterpicking up the slingbox and now have sling on my iphone! i also looked at that battery pack u told me about but it was HUMUNGOUS. so i elected to try the mophie juice pack first cuz it was significantly slimmer and promised the same results.

right now i am testing out slingplayer on wifi (haevnt jailbroken or anything) without the battery pack and a full charge to see how long it will play continuously until the battery stops

then i will recharge and try it out with the mophie pack and see the difference
    ill report here my findings.

5. chox99 macrumors regular

Over wifi, SQ, mono, low Audio Q setting, it lasts about 2:45.
    Audio only mode seem to last about 7+ hours.:eek: