Slingbox Firewall Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pagemakers, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

I have been using SlingPlayer on my Macs for ages with no trouble.

Suddenly they are all exhibiting the same behaviour as follows:

I open Sling Player and it connects but does not stream. If I click the start/stop button a few times it starts to work. As soon as close and re-open it does the same thing.

When I turn the firewall off, it streams as soon as it opens without a problem.

The Sling Player is in the Mac's firewall settings and always has been, and its never been a problem before.

I have added and removed Sling Player from the firewall and rebooted the slingbox but its still will not start to stream on load up until I turn the firewall off.

This is happening on all 3 Macs here and it never used to.

Any ideas?

2. noles200 macrumors member

I just tried mine and it seems to work fine. I do have my slingbox set up with it's own ip address on certain ports. I had it on a linksys 54g router and recently upgraded to the airport extreme dual band n router. Never had any issues on either.

Maybe setting it with its own ip address will help, if you haven't done that already.

3. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

I don't understand that i only get the problem on my home network and not outside. It happens on all of my Macs too.

4. david803sc macrumors member

david803sc

i just started having the same problem too, I have not changed my configuration and it always worked fine, than all of a sudden this started about a week ago or so.

5. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

6. noles200 macrumors member

I am running 10.5.7 with all the latest updates on a new 15" MB Pro, a late 2007 iMac and an early 2008 13" MB so I don't think its OSX.

It is strange that it would just start happening out of nowhere. Hope I don't get that.