Slingbox?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rock star poser, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Rock star poser macrumors member

Has anybody ever used one on a mac before?

share your experiences please... might be looking to get one.

2. stovetop6872 macrumors regular

its great

I have the solo. its fantastic. i can use it with my DVR Dish perfectly, also a HD input (either or)

i recommend it a lot. It works great on my macbook pro

3. xCree macrumors newbie

Slingbox is awesome, you won't regret it! Also just got a Samsung i760 phone and it works great with it also.

4. UCLA-Bruin macrumors member

UCLA-Bruin

I use it with my computers (see below). I have a Slingbox A/V - bought for $120. Love it, we sold our TV and use our computers at home now. Image quality at full screen could be better...also they are coming out with a recording ability for the PC (in beta now) and say they will make one for the mac down the road. I record using SnapzPro every now and then. I wish I had bought the HD model. Oh, and make sure that you use an 802.11n router at 108Mbps so that you get the best streaming out of it...802.11g works fine, too.

5. solidgoldmini macrumors regular

I have a Slingbox Pro and I love it. I do wish they would release a player for the iPhone. If Blackberries can do it, why not the iPhone? I hope when they release the SDK it will follow soon after.