slingbox?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by krogers34, Aug 1, 2008.

1. krogers34 macrumors member

does anyone have one and how easy is it to set up, im thinking about getting one, but if it is to complex to set up i may change my mind and just find something else

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. computerman-8 macrumors member

I've had one for months and love it. It works fine on Leopard. All I did was download the player online. To set it up you have to be in the same network and the player will set it up. Pretty easy. I don't remember much about the setup process but it just works.

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

This device is completely foreign to me. Do I need a t.v. to run this thing? Or can I simly go from wall outlet -> slingbox -> Mac?

I'm just a little disapointed at this: The current Slingboxes, including the Slingbox PRO with HD Connect and Slingbox SOLO, accept HD component signals at 720p or 1080i and down-convert them to standard-definition (SD) resolution before streaming it over the network. However, when appropriate, a Slingbox accessing component video input will maintain anamorphic resolution with progressive scan and stream video at a higher bitrate than SD content for improved picture quality. The Slingbox and SlingStream technology adapts the compressed video stream to match the available network and Internet bandwidth to provide the best possible video quality, whether running on a supported computer or compatible mobile phone.