Slingmedia Site Changes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheYankees1903, Apr 1, 2009.

1. TheYankees1903 macrumors regular

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section but...

So we all know that Slingmedia submitted the SlingPlayer app for iPhone that works with Slingbox...

Well today is seven days from when they submitted their app and when you go to their site http://www.slingmedia.com it takes you to http://www.google.com but shows the Slingmedia icon as the icon for the site in the browser address bar...

Now is this an April Fool's day prank? Probably and as such it belongs on the homepage... ;)

But it could also be that they are launching the app tonight and are updating the site accordingly... They said at the iPhone OS 3.0 media event that 96% of apps get accepted within 7 days and today is the 7th day so maybe we will all get lucky tonight... ;)

What do you guys think? April Fools' Day or Awesome app about to be released?

Let Me Know What You Think,
    TheYankees1903 :apple:

2. fishepa macrumors regular

3. TheYankees1903 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah...

Looks like they fixed it... I wonder what that was about? My guess is that since they fixed it it was not an April Fools' Day prank...

I bet they were prepping their site for the SlingPlayer app...

When do you guys think we will see this highly anticipated App's release?

Join the discussion,
    TheYankees1903 :apple:

4. SWC macrumors 6502

Well I heard it was going to be at least $30. Also, according to their website the software only supports their newest models which means I need to buy a new box and the software for $30~. So I think I will pass. I got the windows mobile software free when I bought my sling box so at a minimum of $210 to upgrade (box + software) no thank you.

5. chox99 macrumors regular

where does it say it only works with newer box? I watched youtube video demo saying that it'll work with ALL version of Slingbox.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it. I think I'm gonna keep my SB tuner and use PocketPC version. damn you slingmedia!!