Slingplayer app will not close

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FarNorth, Nov 6, 2017.

1. FarNorth macrumors regular

The only way to kill this app is to shut the phone down.

You can't switch out of - you can stop the video from playing by pushing the side button but that's it. The launch screen stays there. You can move around in the app to various options and settings but that's it. You can't get out of the app, can't load the app switcher, can't go back home.

Yes, it works fine on my iPhone 7 and iPhone with IOS 11. You can kill the app by using the home button.

There is no recent update on the App store.

2. jazzimat macrumors newbie

Yeah, happened to me too. I just turned off the phone and turned it on again too. Needs an update maybe?

3. FarNorth thread starter macrumors regular

When you are at an NFL game, DirecTV's app figures this out and won't let you stream the video. I went to the Sling app and launched it but I wanted to close it because it is a battery killer. No dice.

I then used my iPhone 6 the rest of the game, worked fine. My team lost. Sucks.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2017 ---
    I'll try and contact Sling and see what they say but their CS and tech support is notoriously bad.

4. jazzimat macrumors newbie

5. gadgetfreaky macrumors 65816

Yeah they really need to update the app for iOS 11

6. FarNorth thread starter macrumors regular

99% sure I am running IOS 11 on my iPhone 6 and the Slingplayer app works fine. It is home in my bag, I'll check later.

No idea how to contact Sling support. Their online community shut down Sep 30 and they advise users to contact them via FB and Twitter. Neither of those have been updated since February.

7. FarNorth thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, my 6 and 7 are running IOS 11 and Slingplayer works fine.