Slipcase for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jTreu, Sep 8, 2007.

1. jTreu macrumors 6502

Im looking for something similar to what comes with the old 30GB ipod video, like the slim black slip case that will fit the iphone, any ideas?

2. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Hmm, a bit more involved than the ipod slipcase but cheap and so far good is the Orion case by incipio. Comes in colors (incl black) and has a nice pulltab to pop the phone out partway making removal a snap.

There were some complaints about a rough patch where the pulltab is, but it hasn't hurt my screen protector yet.

If you want some real-life pics check out this thread, it also details a pricier but more luxurious slipcase option as well: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=352982

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i would also recomend the sena.

i havnt tried any of their iphone cases yet, but i do have a black "dockable" sena on the way.

4. danny_w macrumors 601

5. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

6. jTreu thread starter macrumors 6502

7. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

If you haven't gotten anything yet and want something funky, I would suggest one of these foofpods. I don't have one but they get really good reviews and I'm thinking of getting an "It's Not Easy Being Green" or "Hanami" for my girlfriend's iPhone when I order it. Does anybody have experience with these models? Which do you like better?

$20 is AUD which has a favorable exchange rate with the US so it is around $16 or $20 with shipping. It looks like you just pay with Paypal...

http://www.foofshop.com/

8. beate macrumors regular

::chuckle::
    Yeah - kinda irked me so I bought two! That showed them!

Lowered the % of product/shipping cost though. Made me feel a little better...

9. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

what about an ipod sock? i just gave one of my old ones to a friend who needed one for an iphone

10. jennyvier macrumors newbie

jennyvier

Awesome! This is just what I was looking for - thanks for posting! I couldn't bring myself to drop the $70 on the Vaja slip case, but it was the closest thing I could find that fit my requirements. You saved me $40! ^_^

11. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

It's very nice. Fits perfectly! I picked up one last night at the Apple store. If you don't see it, ask.

12. Knolly macrumors 6502a

13. hduong22 macrumors newbie

you can get the old slipcase for the ipods on ebay for like $1.60 shipped

14. random person macrumors 6502a

I used a custom case from A.B. Sutton for a while -- their simple slip for the original iphone. The thing to watch out for with these sleeves is how tight they are and whether or not there is a hole for the speaker. This is important because as I found out the hard way if there is no speaker hole you will not be able to really hear your phone ring, and you will miss calls. The alternative is to put your phone in upside down, but in the case of the Sutton piece it was so nice and tight that the case would lower the volume of the phone as it was inserted. So again, even with the phone upside down, you couldn't hear it ring. I love the simplicity of the slip type cases but many of them are not thoughtfully designed. (ps I note the Sutton case for the 3G now has holes for the speaker -- eureka! But not enough for me to get over my annoyance with them for their original design!)

15. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Check out Beyza, I love mine, very good leather and solidly constructed.

16. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

That fabrix case is awesome but sleeves just weren't for me

17. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0