Slippy sides

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bingee, Dec 6, 2007.

1. bingee macrumors member

Really pleased with my iphone but I live in fear of tossing it across the road due to it's slippery nature. I have tried the iskin revo but find it ugly, thick and dirty. Does anybody make anything to go on the sides of the phone to give it more grip.

2. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

Just buy one of those little leather folio cases. They look good and give plenty of grip.

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I have the BSE on mine, and there is a noticeable improvement in the grip on the sides.

6. RMferrer macrumors member

i really agree with you. I just got done applying my BSE and the grip feels 10x better. I was always cautious of taking out of my pocket because of how slick the iphone feels.

BSE also looks awsome on the phone, intead of those cases which take away from the sleek design. Right now on my iphone i have the power support crystal film and the BSE, great combo!!

7. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Exactly what I have. Excellent combo as you say!

8. UncleDannie macrumors member

Grips for your iPhone or anything

The sides are really slippery on a iPhone. To solve this, I bought a package of eGrips at my local CompUSA. These little wonders come in a package that has numerous silicon pads of various sizes, that make the phone Super Grippy. I just love this stuff. I can put my iPhone down on my center console, drive my truck, turn sharp corners, hit the brakes, etc. and the iPhone just sits there.

When I pick it up and hold it, the grip is positive. The stuff is fairly cheap. You can go to their website, as CompUSA is going out of business at the end of this month. All the stores will have a close-out sell of EVERYTHING by Dec 31.

I intend to attach the stuff to the outside of my BestSkinEver when it arrives.

9. Lord Sandwich macrumors regular

I just back to using my acrylic case for this very reason. Somehow the clear plastic is easier to grip despite looking as slippery as the standard iPhone surface. Maybe it's the added thickness...