Slo-Mo Videos No Longer Slo-Mo

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by cpenner, Sep 22, 2014.

1. cpenner macrumors regular

After restoring from backup to my new iPhone 6 Plus, all slow-mo videos in my photos app are no longer slo-mo. They still have the slo-mo icon, but the tick marks below the thumbnail strip at the top no longer appear to adjust the start and stop points of the slo-mo, and the video just plays as a normal video.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how I could get the slo-mo part back?

2. cpenner thread starter macrumors regular

This seems to be fixed in the newest beta 8.1b2

3. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Was wondering the same thing. I hope getting rid of iPhoto was not a bad thing cause I actually used it to organize my photos. Since restoring photos from 5s to my 6 its all outta order :confused:

4. Cobold macrumors member

Cobold

I still have the problem "cpenner" described, even with iOS 8.1 (12B411) :mad:

5. GeoRW macrumors newbie

How about a 2008 iMac running Snow Leopard?

I am using a top of the line 2008 iMac which has been updated to Snow Leopard, so I can connect the iphone 6 to it, at all, and it runs iMovie '09, FCE4, and the iPhoto of Snow Leopard to import from the phone. The movie looks like crap when it comes into iphoto, and it is always loses the slo- mo effect... How can I import in Slo-Mo? And remember, I am 53 years old and speak very little computer, at all! Thanks! Geo

6. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

I've had the same problem before. My videos lost slow mo after an iTunes sync. It's a very annoying problem and I'm surprised not more people experience it. The only workaround has been adjusting the slow mo the way that I want, then importing it into iMovie. Then you can create a permanent slow mo,but you can't adjust the slow mo effect anymore.