Sloooooooow Boot up

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gav183, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Gav183 macrumors member

Gav183

G'day,

Thought my watch, 42mm Space Grey Sports with updates, was a little slow to boot up every time I turned it on so I timed it. 1min:34secs to get to the watch face. That's ridiculous right? How can something, especially Apple made, take so long to start up. I feel like I'm in the 90s with dial up LOL.
    Anyone else have something similar or an explanation?

Gav

2. ZomBee macrumors member

ZomBee

I have the same issue and I think it's common because I read a few articles about it before I got my watch. I haven't rebooted since updating my software, so I don't know if the updated OS helps at all.

3. lemimouth macrumors regular

Well years ago I used to restart my devices everyday, but now I just do it once in a while (1 reboot / week), and everything is alright. I don't mind waiting 1'30''.

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Yes, that's about right for rebooting. Are you rebooting your Watch regularly?

5. lemimouth macrumors regular

1 time / week, at the same time as my phone. But sometimes less frequently, sometimes more frequently, I don't have a schedule . Really if the device (phone or watch) starts to feel sluggish

6. Gav183 thread starter macrumors member

Gav183

Now and then I'll switch it off cos I wear other watches, so when I decide to wear it I have to turn it back on. Being so used to things "instantaneously" turning on is a first world 21st century problem that I have come to demand as normal LOL. Spose I have to just accept it, or just not turn it off...Either way I was just curious. Thanks for the responses girls and boys.

7. Gav183 thread starter macrumors member

Gav183

Yes, it ain't a big deal, just curious, I'll just leave it on, or not get too wrapped around the axels over a paltry 90secs. :)

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Actually, if you shut down an iPhone completely and turn it back on, it doesn't come back on instantaneously, either. It doesn't take quite as long as the watch, but it takes a bit of time.

9. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

Mine has taken several minutes to fully boot up, get to the watch face. I usually turn it on as I walk out of the house on my way to work. My dog freaks out over the "ding" notification, so usually off at home. Most days the watch face shows near the end of the blocl a half mile or so down the road, several times recently since 2.0.1 I have been 3+miles down the road I see the Apple logo still showing. This is in the city so top speed maybe 35 mph and more then 5 minutes have past.

10. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

As the other poster said, use Do Not Disturb. You can even set it up to turn on and off automatically on schedule on the iPhone, then mirror it to the watch.

12. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

Great idea but puts the phone in do not disturb as well. For now I might just turn off the sound and vibration.

13. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

My biggest gripe is still the time it takes to boot up, my phone takes a 3rd of the time.

14. xraytech macrumors 68020

How often do you shut down you AW?

Do what most people do when they are not wearing it, keep it docked and charging.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, when I bought the AW, and the saw it being booted up and taking forever, the apple salesman said this is normal.

I think its an indirect result of apple doing everything it can to save battery life.