sloooooooow down

Discussion in 'iMac' started by KyleKlink, May 8, 2010.

1. KyleKlink macrumors regular

KyleKlink

This morning my iMac started to act a bit sluggish and I was getting a lot of beach balls (especially with Safari). I installed Windows 7 this afternoon via Boot Camp (something I had planned on doing for a while now) and when I came back to Mac OS I found that it is extremely slow now.

When I expand a folder in my dock the icons load 2 at a time, taking maybe 3 seconds to populate the applications folder. Loading programs takes much longer as well.

I am checking disk permissions via OnyX right now and it has been running for about 20 minutes. In the past this task took about 3-5 minutes. It's still running as I type this.

Im looking for some ideas as to what I should check or do to figure out what is causing the issue. Thanks in advance.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Did OnyX achieve anything? Or is it still going?

3. KyleKlink thread starter macrumors regular

KyleKlink

It repaired one and also said "Warning: SUID file 'system/library/CoreServices/RemoteManagment/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent' has been modified and will not be repaired."

Those are the only items on there.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Havee you tried fixing the disk permissions while booting off the OS X disk? This should allow a greater number to be fixed compared to when the hard drive is active.

5. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

May be a stupid question but how much free space do you have?
    Have you rebooted? Checked how much ram you're using?