Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magiclaffs

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2010
On June 3 I purchased a Boxwave stylus on Amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ETWCSK/ref=oss_product
31gi2h1JddL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon said it would ship and arrive between 9 and 14 June. Waiting, waiting. On 15 June I emailed Amazon and they forwarded it to Boxwave. Waiting, waiting. It finally arrived on 18 June. The stylus works great, but I will never order from Boxwave again. It was mailed to me on 16 June. I'm surprised that it took two week to process and ship.

Has anyone else had bad experiences with accessories taking so long? Or was this just a fluke?

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
A couple of years ago i ordered from Boxwave thru Amazon and it was fast - faster than an order from them direct.

Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Can you compare it to a Pogo Stylus? Is it "fat" like a regular pen?

Skystar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
Boxwave had usually shipped very fast, but I always ordered direct from their website.

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
I have ordered several items from Boxwave and at times, if one item on a several items you have ordered is on back order, then they will hold all items until the backordered item is filled. You simply can call them to have the rest of the items shipped and have them hold the item that is on backordered.

I never had a problem with them and quite honestly they have been a solid company to not have any issues. I agree it's probably a fluke.

magiclaffs

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2010
Comparison

A couple of years ago i ordered from Boxwave thru Amazon and it was fast - faster than an order from them direct.

Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Can you compare it to a Pogo Stylus? Is it "fat" like a regular pen?

Sorry, I've not tried the Pogo stylus. But in researching here and online the big issue for me was the length of the stylus. I wanted it to be long enough to feel like a drawing pencil. They're likely the same length (I don't remember though- getting older!)

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Sorry, I've not tried the Pogo stylus. But in researching here and online the big issue for me was the length of the stylus. I wanted it to be long enough to feel like a drawing pencil. They're likely the same length (I don't remember though- getting older!)
The Pogo Stylus is shorter than the Pogo Sketch. I have the Sketch for my iPad (and picked up the Pogo Stylus on super-clearance @ DealExtreme) Both are functionally equivalent... the Sketch is longer and has a clip.

I also picked up a stylus with a rubber tip from Amazon. Works great on the Macbook Pro but there is too much drag on the iPad's screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.