Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robgoblin

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Stockholm
anyone else having problem uploading files to public folder on idisk? i have a 60/60 connection, so thats not the issue. weird thing is that at times speed is normal, but mostly it takes an hour!!! to upload a 40 meg wav file, and more than often the file transfer is broken midway. im so effin bugged by this.:mad::mad::mad:, any advice? i have Dropbox also, but want this to work..

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
it's iDisk being full of suck. iDisk is really slow, no matter how fast your connection, it only uploads so fast to the server.

For large files, it is possible that your conectino is timing out due to the slow transfer. I had something similar where I would try to upload a large file and it would never finish successfully. I think it had something to do with if you don't "use" the connection for a while, it drops. I was able to upload the large file finally by perodically browsing through some folders in my iDisk using a new Finder window while it was uploading the large file. This way the connection stayed "active" and the transfer completed.

I know it doesn't make sense but it worked for me. Maybe give it a try?

The real solution though is that there is none, unless Apple decides to improve iDisk. I'm pretty satisfied with MM on the whole for its other features, but the iDisk is sorely lacking. Popular belief is that something may be done about this when that NC data center goes online, we shall see.

robgoblin

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Stockholm
thx for ure reply! i think im gonna stick with dropbox for file transfer for now, like u said, maybe they´ll make it better some day. until then...:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.