Slooooow burning on iMac G5

shuurajou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Bristol, England.
I don't know if this is normal, but when burning my dvd backups with Popcorn, it seems to take a dreadfully long time. Like 45minutes+ - is this normal for the iMac's DVD drive? Mac the Ripper takes quite a time to extract information also. I did notice quite long burning times with Toast images also. Is the iMac G5's drive not upto much or am I being too impatient? Probably seems longer than it really is because of my eagerness to play with my first Mac :).

LimeiBook86

macrumors 604
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
shuurajou said:
I don't know if this is normal, but when burning my dvd backups with Popcorn, it seems to take a dreadfully long time. Like 45minutes+ - is this normal for the iMac's DVD drive? Mac the Ripper takes quite a time to extract information also. I did notice quite long burning times with Toast images also. Is the iMac G5's drive not upto much or am I being too impatient? Probably seems longer than it really is because of my eagerness to play with my first Mac :).
Arre you sure that you set Toast to burn the disc at the fastest speed? Also try burning a Disc using the Finder or Disk Utility, maybe for some reason they will burn faster. Or maybe Toast just doesn't support the fastest speed on your DVD-R drive. :confused:

Good luck!

shuurajou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Bristol, England.
LimeiBook86 said:
Arre you sure that you set Toast to burn the disc at the fastest speed? Also try burning a Disc using the Finder or Disk Utility, maybe for some reason they will burn faster. Or maybe Toast just doesn't support the fastest speed on your DVD-R drive. :confused:

Good luck!
It would be interesting to know the specs of the DVD-R drive in the iMac G5, think it's a Matsitushi or something like that *shudder*.