Discussion in 'macOS' started by JohnMacnMiami, Oct 27, 2007.

1. JohnMacnMiami macrumors newbie

Oct 27, 2007
    Since my upgrade to Leopard, my MBPro, 2.33, 2 Gig RAM, is slower to boot than my XP box at work, that has waaaaayyyy too many startup items :(
    Took all items out of my Start Up section in preferences.
    Almost 2 mintues to a log in screen :eek:.
    Anyone else seeing this :confused:?
    I am not 100% sure, but I just do not remember it being this slow beore this.
  2. illuminous macrumors member

Oct 27, 2007
    I have the exact same spec MBPro as you. Mine starts up much quicker than Tiger used to. Although I did do a erase and install for leopard.
  3. bentoon macrumors member

Sep 18, 2003
    I am having similar issues on a Macbook pro,
    but they are progressively getting better.
    I think doing an upgrade it just needs time for the Finder to index certain things...yeah slowly getting up to speed
  4. Mac75 macrumors newbie

Oct 27, 2007
    Slow boot as well, but improving

I just installed Leopard a few hours ago, and I too had the eternal reboot problem. I can hear my hard drive working overtime though, so I am pretty sure that it is indexing and once that is done it should be fine.
  5. JohnMacnMiami thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 27, 2007
    Gets worse

Tried to open System Preferences, and it locked up.
    I could not force quit.
    I rebooted, with Leopard in, went to Utilities and repaired permissions.
    While doing that, I got a message that they had been repaired but also got this:
    Warning: SUID file "System/library/coreservices/remotemanagement/" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Hmm, system is runnning VERY unstable.
  6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

Sep 7, 2006
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    I would do an Arcive and Install rather than an Upgrade. Even better, an Erase and Install and then transfer via Migration Assistant.