Sloooowwww camera on Note 3

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by spinedoc77, Jun 6, 2014.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I'm about ready to throw this heaping pile into the garbage, ughh. Why is the camera so slow to shutter? It can take 2-3 seconds and if I move it doesn't catch the picture, forget about taking something in motion like my 2 year old.

Looking on Google seems like an issue with KitKat. I read turning off smart stabilization fixes it, but it didn't make a difference for me. Anyone else have the same issue or a solution?

2. mclld macrumors 68000

3. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Do you have smart stabilization on? That will cause a lag.

But yeah, I got rid of mine a week ago because the camera is pretty bad unless you have a stable hold on the phone. Macro shots are also horrible.

4. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Kitkat has introduced a while slew of problems on the Note 3

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I am genuinely surprised you are getting issues like this on the note 3. When I had mine I did not have any of the issues some of you are reporting. It does seem some kitkat updates are damaging your end user experience.

6. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

The Google camera is faster but if i remember correct the pictures are not taken in full resolution.

7. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Hmm, I'll have to try the Google camera. I'm becoming more disappointed in Android by the day, just weird stuff. I can't send videos because they are too large, can't Android resize them like iOS does? I can't send multiple pictures in Hangouts.

8. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

Did you not have that problem before kit Kat? Do a reset and keep that smart stabilization thingy off. People upgrade, skip that step and then complain.

9. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

In my first post I did mention that I had smart stabilization turned off. It made no difference except with it off I don't have to wait 1-2 seconds AFTER the pic is taken for processing. The camera worked fast with 4.3, unfortunately a warranty replacement forced me onto kitkat.

10. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I wouldn't generically blame android or kit kat for this. This is a driver / firmware / skin issue likely

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Are you using a micro SD Spinedoc. Could this saving issue on camera be related to a dodgy MicroSD card. If you are using one, take it out and try without a MicroSD card and see if it is faster.

12. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

No microSD card in my Note 3. I may wipe the entire thing and see how it functions fresh, maybe it's just an issue with something installed. I can't backup to Titanium because I can't root, sigh. Anyone have any good backup alternatives that work without root?

13. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

I use Google Camera. Fast, integrates with Photos which I use (not a fan of the samsung gallery app) and I find takes better photos.

Hangouts has plenty of room for growth as it lacks some basic functionality. The reason I use it is it allows me to keep SMS/IM/VM all in one place and there is no latency.

14. mellofello macrumors 65816

Google camera is way to limited. I too have had many camera issues after kit Kat. Wish I never "upgraded".

15. mclld macrumors 68000

Helium is awesome

16. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Thanks, I'll give it a try !

17. cashville2400 macrumors member

cashville2400

Mine was fine until this Kit Kat update. It doesn't do it as much as it did when I first updated, but it does it enough to piss me off. Before Kit Kat my battery life was also so much better too. I have started to hate it.