Slooow MacBook Pro 17' 2.33GHz 2GB DDRM etc (HELP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coreanomac, Feb 29, 2008.

1. coreanomac macrumors member

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro 17' 2.33GHz 2 GB DDRM etc... When I Start it I have to wait like 40 seconds until everything came up. Is 160 GB HD I have left 50GB of storage.

Some people recommends me "ONYx". I want it to make it more fast no like new but something close.

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks

2. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

For starters, go to System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login Items. If you have a lot of things opening up at start, your computer will run slowly until everything finishes launching. You can remove any unneeded applications from the list.

Next, open up Disk Utility, and run Verify Disk. If you get any errors, you will need to restart your computer with your Tiger or Leopard Installation DVD and run Disk Utility from there, and then run Repair Disk. Run it again until it runs through without any errors.

While still in Disk Utility, run Repair Permissions. If you get any errors, run it again until you get no errors.

Download, install, and run OnyX: http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs2/english/download.html

When it asks you to check SMART status, click Continue. When it asks you to Verify Startup Disk, click Cancel (you already did this through Disk Utility).

Click on the Automation Tab, check everything, and then click Execute. It will take a good chunk of time to run everything, so be patient. When done, it will prompt you to restart.

3. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

4. Sdao macrumors 6502

What exactly does OnyX do?