Slow after deleting the windows partion

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Dtreex, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Dtreex macrumors newbie

Hey guys. Let me start off by saying I'm not a technical guy.
    So, I read some forums and searched around and found a guide on how to get windows on my mac via boot camp so I could play Age of Conan.
    One weekend I was at a friends house and I needed 18 GB because I was getting some movies ect, but I did not have 18 GB to spare so I deleted the windows partion (?) and I assumed everything would go well, but after this my Mac has been running a lot slower than what it used to. The booting is a lot slower, although I tried a PRAM reset.
    Now my mac struggles to have Safari open along with a heavy program such as after effects or premier pro. It works, but it is VERY slowly.
    Did I skrew my mac up or is it a simple way to fix it?

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

How did you delete the Windows partition?

You should have used the BootCamp Utility from within OS X to remove the BootCamp partition and restore the space back to OS X.

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I assume you removed the Windows partition by going through the Boot Camp wizard to merge the two partitions back together?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

The boot slowness could be explained if you had previously had it set up so that Windows was the default boot OS, and didn't change it back. Can you check System Preferences -> Startup Disk.

That should not affect Safari though.

B