slow airplay mirroring

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Drich290195, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Drich290195 macrumors 6502

Drich290195

I have a 2013 macbook pro retina , when i extend the desktop to my tv over my apple tv 3rd gen the screen on the tv becomes really laggy. Its as if its about 1-2 seconds behind my mouse movement. Is there any cure for this. My apple tv is wired too my router and I'm connected wirelessly to the router. Will a apple tv update sort this or a mavericks update. Is anyone else experiencing this. Many thanks

2. Mike MA macrumors 65816

Mike MA

I can only confirm that connecting iTunes to my Apple TV for streaming music takes about 5-10 seconds. Under ML it used to be somewhat of a second.

Additionally the initial connection built most of the time is not providing any music - I have to switch to a second song/album that I actually hear something.

Anybody else suffering?

3. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

For me, under both Mountain Lion and Mavericks streaming music has a 3-5 second delay.

4. jarofclay73 macrumors regular

jarofclay73

I have a mid-2012 MacBook Air with a 1.8Ghz i5 and 4GB of RAM. AirPlay mirroring used to be slightly laggy under Mountain Lion but it was usable.

With Mavericks it's so laggy that it pretty much doesn't work anymore. Sometimes the computer turns off AirPlay on its own. I have a relatively slow Internet connection, but it used to work under Mountain Lion.

I was looking forward to this feature with Mavericks but so far it's a bust.