Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itzmillertime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
I’m having an issue where my 4th gen airport time capsule speeds are actually faster (120mbs) over wifi 5GHz than directly through Ethernet cable (60mbs)
Any ideas why?
Ethernet plugged in directly to my 2017 Samsung Qled tv QN55Q7FAM via one connect

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
A quick review of the manual for that model doesn't reveal the LAN port speed. If it is a 100Mbps port, then speeds around 60Mbps are not too far out of line. If it is 1Gbps, then try a different cable, different port on the router, or test with a laptop using the same port and cable the TV used.

itzmillertime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
A quick review of the manual for that model doesn't reveal the LAN port speed. If it is a 100Mbps port, then speeds around 60Mbps are not too far out of line. If it is 1Gbps, then try a different cable, different port on the router, or test with a laptop using the same port and cable the TV used.

I'll have to find something to plug into it as I have a new MacBook Pro and cannot test the ports. BTW it is stated that the ports are at Gigabit speed. For now I'm accessing internet via wifi from my TV at 120Mbs speeds :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.