Slow App Store

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MacPro23, Sep 19, 2012.

1. MacPro23 macrumors member

Is the App Store really slow for anyone else? All the icons load very slowly and it really lags when scrolling. It happens on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 3.

2. ewils19 macrumors 6502

3. Works4Me macrumors regular

App store - quite laggy for me on my iPhone 4.....

4. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

Probably an overload of traffic with iOS 6 release today and all of the updates on the store being downloaded. Just a hunch, as the store was quite snappy the last week (I've been running iOS 6 since GM release)

5. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Lots of updates and an new iOS, it's like its slowing everything down on my MBP too.

6. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

The App Store got reverted to the old version, just with a darker theme. This happen for anyone else?

7. WindWaker macrumors regular

It was laggy for me even when I was on a beta build-- it never ceased even with my GM. I think it's an issue with iOS 6.

8. EMAN19 macrumors 6502

The App Store is horrendous. Slow, laggy, force closes and the design and layout makes it difficult to navigate through it -- it's not intuitive at all.

9. AnimAlu macrumors member

AnimAlu

Yes for me too

Yep, I've been reverted back to the older app store as well...

10. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

I hate the App Store update. It was so straight forward and clean before. Now it's just too busy. I can only imagine how slow it'll be over cellular (non-LTE).

Oh, and when I tap "AppStore" from within Passport it says "Cannot connect to iTunes". WTF?

11. Morac macrumors 6502a

Morac

The App Store is just horribly broken.

- It's showing me updates for apps that don't need updates (says "open" instead of update)

- It takes minutes to show my "Purchased" screen.

12. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

It doesn't beat this... I think this is suppose to say "Download" ... Not quite sure though.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348109224.800688.jpg

13. UnbornApple macrumors regular

UnbornApple

Yeah it seems to me like there is a lot of slowness on both iPhone 4S and iPad 3.

Guess they are still working out the bugs.

14. Errk! macrumors 6502

The App Store in general works ok for me, but I am running into MAJOR issues with slowness when I try to bring up my purchases. They take forever to load and most of the time do not load completely, so I can't navigate the page at all and need to quit the app.

15. EMAN19 macrumors 6502

Any way of reverting to the OLD App Store? This new one is bad and messy.

The old App Store was much cleaner and simpler.

16. calvin2006 macrumors regular

Same here. Killed App Store app and restarted my 3rd Gen iPad and still getting the old layout. Same with the iTunes Store.

17. mtracmic macrumors newbie

Not only a slow App Store right now at 1:37 am on the east coast, I can't access my iTunes Match ... Disappointing. Maybe it will all be fixed by the morning.

18. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Try downloading Weather Channel Max (paid version). It'll download the old version for some reason. Once you have it installed, go back to the App Store and check Updates. It'll have an update for the app you just installed!

Why?! Can't it just install the new version to begin with?

19. iToxicComputing macrumors newbie

Guys, your talking about the initial realease of iOS 6. Apple is working on addressing these problems (glitches maps, bad App Store and other smaller bugs) and before you know it there will be iOS 6.0.1 and after that iOS 6.0.2 is shure to come.
    Just wait 48 hours and and there should be at least some of problems addressed if not fixed (wether is server upgrades or and new build of iOS 6).

20. Hephaestus macrumors 6502

I don't get why they changed the App Store?! It was so much better before. You could simply flick up and down to see an array of apps. Now you have to slowly slide horizontally. The organisation is more cluttered also, it takes more taps to get where you want to go. WHY make it worse?! This was purely done for the sake of change, because of whiny people.

21. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

I bet you the team that revamped it was from Chomp, the company Apple recently purchased. Bring people in from outside Apple and you get a non-Apple result.

22. markrath macrumors member

Seems it was not too long ago the apple community (including me) were pocking fun at Microsoft for having patches before a new version of windows was released. Apple was releasing very polished upgrades - not perfect but not as "annoying" as not being able to access the App Store

23. EMAN19 macrumors 6502

How do you know?

24. OmniPhone macrumors newbie

Possible App Store Lag Fix

Hey everyone,

I was having the same crappy slow issues with app store. I did this and it seems to be working normally now.

Settings>Privacy>Location Services (now tucked away)>System Services (scroll to bottom)>

You'll see the brand spanking new "Genius for Apps". I'm suspecting that this is why it takes forever to process! Turned it off

Found this when I was trying to 2x check Setting Time Zone for battery life sake.

Hope it helps, peace

25. RichyB macrumors regular

Genius for apps not there on my iPad, App Store well slow.