Slow Apple Tv

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Liam Steven, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Liam Steven macrumors regular

Hi

Just bought an Apple TV and slightly disappointed to be honest. The Apple TV remote is very laggy and when changing songs on my iPhone there is a 3 second lag.

The Apple TV remote app generally freezes, forcing me back onto the ATV remote and then the Apple TV goes crazy, presumable the commands from the app finally being received.

Tried on Wi-Fi and hard wired but no better; I have updated the unit.

Is this normal behaviour?

Liam

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. Liam Steven thread starter macrumors regular

4. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I never felt there was any lag with the Apple remote control, and the Remote app has never crashed on my iPhone 5s. My AppleTV is connected to a new Airport Time Capsule with gigabit ethernet and I have a 2012 Mac Mini dedicated as an iTunes server, also on gigabit ethernet. It seems very responsive for the most part - certainly have never seen a 3 second lag when changing songs.

My internet connection is very slow (~2 mb/s), so naturally anything I try to access online is slow. But I use my AppleTV almost exclusively to access my local iTunes library.

5. Liam Steven thread starter macrumors regular

6. Liam Steven thread starter macrumors regular

I've dug out my d-link dir 635 and attached that to my sky router as a WAP and connected both Apple TV and iPhone 5S to the new WAP and it seems to be better.

Although it does still have a small lag when skipping songs, although it's instant when a song naturally finishes...