Slow Appstore on Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by windowstomac, Sep 8, 2011.

1. windowstomac macrumors regular

Is everyone still experiencing a slow Appstore since moving to Lion - 15 secs wait each time it is loaded and each time you flick back to the menu? Apple are losing money from me as browsing it and buying apps is no fun any more....

Am running 10.7.1

2. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Not experiencing any issues with the App Store on Lion at all. But then again 15 seconds isn't gonna make or break a dal for me. Patience is a virtue, learn to love it.

Just loaded the App Store and all was ready to go in 2.4 seconds. Could it be your internet connection is slow or are you accessing during a peak time when things will generally slow down?

3. windowstomac thread starter macrumors regular

No, it's not my connection. It is a known issue with the app store under Lion and others have discussed it here. The store loads in 3 seconds but then the header image takes a long time to appear, accompanied by a spinning disc. Then click on anything and return to the main screen and you have to wait again.

I didn't buy a state of the art computer in order to learn patience. I did it so I could do things quickly.

4. Abbsta macrumors member

If it is any consolation, I too have this problem. I normally click on something and then click on another app whilst it's loading in the background.

Quite annoying.

5. Aidoneus macrumors 6502

6. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

The AppStore for me hangs up when initially loading. This happens on my MBA and iMac.

7. gorskiegangsta, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

It's much better now. Used to be slow as hell. It seems to load much faster (almost instantly, I'd say) when flicking back & forth. It does have to reload every third page though. One thing I'm still having problems on is the "Purchased" tab - it takes 30+ seconds to load every single time.

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

It's a virtue, you know.;) :rolleyes:

BTW - took me 2.8 seconds complete.