Slow as a M............ SOS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iBertel, Jan 26, 2011.

1. iBertel macrumors newbie

Hey all

So i bought my mac book pro with i7 2,66 Ghz, 4 gb memory, 15" screen 1680x1050 res and Nvidia GT 330 M GFX and i loved it, it was the best computer i had ever had.

BUT now after arround 10 months, its like slower than my old pentium 4, 512 mb DDR memory etc. and i dont have a clue why!!! Its retarded how slow it is, just opening Firefox can sometimes take up to 10 secounds and scrolling on some browser windows can seem like its a hard task for it!!! I buy this computer for so much money and now its not worth the space it take up in my room.......

It has more tan 100 gb space on harddrive, so that cant be it...

Also it get retardedly warm playing games... I play a game called Heroes of Newerth, and the chassis is almost so hot you can burn your self!!! Just watching videos makes the computer warm, so i think something must be wrong? (i can hear the fan spinning like crazy when it get so hot, so its not broken!)

Does anhone know how i can find a solution to this problem, maybe running some sort of program?

Does anyone encounter this them self?

Hope for some help...

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Do the easy fix, backup anything important and do a completely clean OS install and then copy back the items you need.

Do not do a full restore from Time Machine, as that will bring all the junk back that we're trying to clean out.

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

More likely with the things you describe is that there is a cooling problem and the CPU throttles. Did you check temps. Maybe install something like iStat and watch them or post them and we tell you if there is reason to worry. If it throttles let the Apple guys repair it, that should be under warranty.

Did you check if there is any weirdo process taking all the processing power away?

4. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

How many apps do you keep open at a time? What does your RAM usage look like?

Have you tried to empty the cache in Safari, along with cookies and databases?

What are your log in items (startup items)?