Slow at Displaying Apple Logo on MBP 13.3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by frnak, Aug 14, 2009.

1. frnak macrumors member

frnak

I got my mac 3 days ago, with the following configurations.

13.3 inch
    2.26 GHz
    250 GB HDD
    2 GB RAM

I went to the apple store today, and realized that their computers with the exact same configurations started up a LOT faster than mine. My macbook seems to hang at the blue/grey screen for 30-40 seconds before the Apple logo + spinning gear appears. I've checked all other laptops, and they can all render the apple logo in a matter of seconds.

Any idea whats going on? Any of you guys have the same issues? I would love some help.

Thanks.

2. Ixesin macrumors newbie

Interesting... I remember when I replaced my hard drive in the uMPB 13 inch (same as yours), it would hang at the initial white screen for while longer, before the apple logo appeared.
    What I did was go into the system prefs and go into 'startup disk' and I selected the approriate hard drive to boot default from. It may or may not be the same case as yours, seeing as your hard drive is upgraded too (by Apple themselves I presume).

3. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

MY MPB usually starts up within seconds, except after it has been shutdown improperly or i have done system updates.

Try repair permissions etc and see whats happening.

Anyway, do you often have to start the computer?
    I usually only turn mine off if im not gonna use it for a few days (which is not often) and usually I don't really have to restart it more than once a month

4. frnak thread starter macrumors member

frnak

Do you think it might be that my hard drive is larger? (250 gb), that it shows the apple logo slower?

5. Ixesin macrumors newbie

No I dont think its to do with that. i upgraded to a 320gb hard drive and after i chose the right hardrive to boot up from it was the same if not quicker. Have you tried what i said?

6. frnak thread starter macrumors member

frnak

I will. I'm actually reinstalling the OS right now. Just to make sure I can get a clean start. After that, I'll look into the startup disk config.

Thanks for your help.