Slow battery death? What the....?

camardelle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Texas
I just picked my my MBP 13" yesterday and using the method listed on Apple's website, I'm trying to configure my battery. Unfortunately, I started this process yesterday and the battery still shows 25% life. What the heck is wrong with this thing? By now, all my Windows laptops would be dead and I'd be moving on with the whole re-charging process. I'm not sure I can live with this kind of behavior. :D:D:D:D

This thing is awesome so far. Why on earth did I wait so long to make the switch? Thanks for all the input on this board. There are a ton of experts here who are more than willing to provide guidance and links to useful information that has helped me make an informed decision on the purchase of both my iMac and my MBP. Kudos to the members of this board and the folks who run it. :apple:

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I just picked my my MBP 13" yesterday and using the method listed on Apple's website, I'm trying to configure my battery. Unfortunately, I started this process yesterday and the battery still shows 25% life. What the heck is wrong with this thing? By now, all my Windows laptops would be dead and I'd be moving on with the whole re-charging process. I'm not sure I can live with this kind of behavior. :D:D:D:D

This thing is awesome so far. Why on earth did I wait so long to make the switch? Thanks for all the input on this board. There are a ton of experts here who are more than willing to provide guidance and links to useful information that has helped me make an informed decision on the purchase of both my iMac and my MBP. Kudos to the members of this board and the folks who run it. :apple:
FWIW. newer Apple portables with the non-removable batteries come pre-calibrated, you don't need to calibrate it at all. Might as well stop doing it and start actually using the computer :p:apple:

camardelle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Texas
Well, despite how easy I make it look, it ain't easy being a noob. LOL And here I was all excited about getting it to 7% battery life and all. Looks like it's time to plug in and recharge, huh?:eek:

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Well, despite how easy I make it look, it ain't easy being a noob. LOL And here I was all excited about getting it to 7% battery life and all. Looks like it's time to plug in and recharge, huh?:eek:
Just use it and have fun with it, they're a fun little machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.