Slow boot!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jambojoebob, Dec 18, 2010.

1. jambojoebob macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a 2008 2,4 MBP and I have a problem with it. I was using snow leopard and everything was going fine for a few months. Then suddenly, it froze on the desktop at the opening. After few minutes, and command+ctrl+Shift+esc, and a few prayers it sometimes came ok.

I got tired of that and decided to format my hard drive and reinstall osx. I had to do it 3 times before it worked. Then I installed the updates and BANG! New problem! Now it was booting for 6 minutes before I see the desktop.

I reinstalled it again and the same thing happened.

I've decided to install snow leopard and I got my desktop a bit faster but the keyboard isn't responding.

I've reinstalled leopard and now I'm stuck on a slow boot. When the desktop opens, everything works fine except that when I close my screen panel, the computer goes to sleep and I have to turn it off manually and wait for another 6 minutes.

Here are the information I get from the consol at the opening.

10-12-14 19:16:58 com.apple.launchctl.System[2] launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist
    10-12-14 19:16:58 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.usbmuxd) Unknown key for boolean: EnableTransactions
    10-12-14 19:16:58 com.apple.launchd[1] (org.cups.cupsd) Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight
    10-12-14 19:16:58 com.apple.launchd[1] (org.ntp.ntpd) Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight
    10-12-14 19:16:58 com.apple.launchd[1] (org.x.privileged_startx) Unknown key for boolean: EnableTransactions
    10-12-14 19:17:14 org.ntp.ntpd[13] Error : nodename nor servname provided, or not known
    10-12-14 19:22:12 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[79]) Exited: Terminated

10-12-14 19:22:12 com.apple.launchd[85] (org.x.startx) Unknown key for boolean: EnableTransactions

Any idea?

Please help!:(

Dick Perron

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

try booting in verbose mode to see what it hangs at
    just hold CMD+V before the apple logo pops up

3. jambojoebob thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried... everything seemed to be ok and then the blue screen appears...for 5 minutes!

4. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

NTPD is the network time daemon.

What server are you getting your time from in the Date&Time system prefs plane?

Try turning 'set date and time automatically' off.

5. jambojoebob thread starter macrumors newbie

I've solve that thing earlier.... thanks! The console is what I have before I configure anything!

6. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Sorry, that sentence makes no sense!