Slow camera operation on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MogRules, Nov 16, 2010.

1. MogRules macrumors newbie

hey all, so I have a quick question to run by you. I have an iPhone 3GS on Rogers in Canada and it is jailbroken running on iOS 4.2. I also have the 720 video recording crack installed for the video camera. It seem to have noticed latly that my regular camera does not seem to be working properly. It will turn on just fine but focus is almost impossible as it just skips around. What I have noticed is that if I point the camera at say my TV or my screen on the computer it goes back to normal and focus's in and everything is good but as soon as i move the camera into a non well lit area it goes back to very choppy and very slow operation....anyone have any ideas or is this known to be a problem with the 720 video hack? thanks in advance.

2. Intell, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010

Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It's the HD hack that makes it slow. Depending on which version you use (MR/Cydia) it works differently. I fixed it on my 3Gs by modding the files myself to use better/more correct settings.

3. MogRules thread starter macrumors newbie

damn, I figured as much :p . Thanks for the reply, I will have to give that a shot and see if I can even it out.

4. rq09 macrumors newbie

Hello

Do you realize how to fix this

I got the same problem here , and that happened when I use the HD Hack

Thanks

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You've got to change the minimum framerate of the camera key to 20 or 25. I think its set to about 10-15 when installed via Cydia.