Slow charging with USB-C Adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by apb87, May 25, 2016.

1. apb87 macrumors member

Is any one else experiencing extremely low power-passthrough with this USB-C multi port adapter? While connected to a monitor, and the system is under decent load, I am seeing 205 mA under the amperage reading, and it's estimating 6:43 to full from 78%.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What adapter is it? Third party adapters may not support the USB power delivery spec and will hence charge at regular USB speed.

3. apb87 thread starter macrumors member

Using the Apple adapter, but it seems that the estimates in the battery tool tip were just off. It actually did end up charging in a reasonable amount of time.

4. Zoidberg79 macrumors newbie

Just got a new 2018 MacBook Pro 15 with I9, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 560X.

Compared to my Late 2013 13"MacBook Pro this new Mac take 3-4 times longer to charge.

Both machines using their Apple supplied power adaptor.

Don't get me wrong, the 2018 MacBook Pro is a beast of a machine. Just doesn't charge fast enough which can be a problem if your used to quick top up charges while your on the go. Stopping at a coffee shop for 15 minutes gets maybe 2-3% increase in battery.

Just get a battery pack for it. Your only spending more money on top of the $6K you already spent.;)

Oh, don't forget the USB-C to Lighting cable you WILL NEED to charge your iPhone or AirPods from your lovely new machine.

My relationship with Apple has become more complicated as they make my life simpler.