slow down you tube video

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stacyphi, Apr 11, 2009.

1. stacyphi macrumors member

I occasionally need to slow down a youtube (or generally, any on-line) video. I am not able to locate software that will do this for my iMac.
    I did come across something for Windows called Enounce.

Any recommendations?
    Thank you

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

why would you want to slow down a youtube video?....ummm.

Anyway wouldn't it just be simpler to first download the clip using a dowloand manager to your computer and then you can do what you want with it. (eg changing it from .FLV to mp4 or MOV so you can watch it in slow motion on your wide screen T.V.)

3. stacyphi thread starter macrumors member

Specifically I'd like to slow down some videos to analyze the bowing patterns of some violin playing.
    If I could change the YouTube clip into an mp4 file, could I then slow down the video?
    Thanks,
    Stacy

4. deej999 macrumors regular

Yes, you can.

Use something like TubeTV to download the youtube vid an convert it to an mp4. Then in Quicktime player open the movie and go to:
    Window - shows a/v controls
    and slow down the playback speed

deej

5. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

upgrade to flash player 10. Features the ability to slow down any video played :mad:on a mac.

6. stacyphi thread starter macrumors member

slow down you tube video

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty new to OS10.5.6 so I have some investigating to do. I have visual hub and vlc media player, which may be able to download a youtube video and then convert it to the correct format.

I have a flashplayer.xpt file in Internet File folder but I can't find a flashplayer application.

I never knew that QuickTime had the slow down control. I'm the kind of computer user that finds a couple of safe pathways and sticks to them, relieved that the machine doesn't crash.
    Thanks again. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Stacy

7. deej999 macrumors regular

yeah Quicktime is very powerful under the hood. That's what I like about Mac stuff. The complexity is there if you want it, but if not then things will still work fine, and hopefully in an intuitive way :)

I don't think Visual Hub or VLC can download and convert flash movies. They are great at what they do do.

Here is link for TubeTV:
    http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/tubetv/

It's free. You can download and convert many flash video types to flash or for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, or just to your Mac. Very useful. Then you can have the video on your Mac and watch it whenever you like without going online.

deej

8. stacyphi thread starter macrumors member

I downloaded TubeTV app & it has worked so far. Thanks.

One point - it seems to automatically format for iPods. I would like it make mp4 and I don't see an option for that. What's the easiest way to create mp4 files from YouTube (using TubeTV?).

Thanks again.
    Stacy

9. rosso1876 macrumors newbie

Enounce is coming out with something called MySpeed for Mac in May. You can test the Beta now.
    http://www.enounce.com/download-myspeedmac

10. stacyphi thread starter macrumors member

slow down you tube video

Thanks for the heads up.
    Stacy

11. rvnz21 macrumors newbie

12. rebeccawalker macrumors newbie